Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A day in Kansas City......GREAT!!!

What a wonderful change to awake in the bedroom of the rolling HowserHouse……but, NO…I was not moving. Just that I was “camped” in Grain Valley, MO and it was sooo nice to be doing that!!

After Fr. Roast coffee and a quick shower, I began to unhook the umbilical cords and prepare to take TheHowserHouse to the shop for some service on a few items that need some repair/work. It was only three miles from the cg to Nationwide RV Sales and so in just a few quick minutes I was discussing with Michael Thompson, the service manager, what needed to be checked and repaired. He then said that he couldn’t get a part that was needed in the two days and that I would have to walk away and the TheHowserHouse here in the suburbs of Kansas City, MO!!! How lonely it will be without me or the 1st Lady around to take of it!!!!!!

Soooo, after departing Nationwide, I went to a shopping center/area/mall in Independence and spent most of the morning at Barnes & Noble……YEAH!!!!!! Haven’t had the opportunity to spend several hours browsing in that wonderful bookstore in a couple of years…….and it was almost like heaven to this old sagging hulk of myself to have soooooo many books around me AND……wonderful Starbucks cappuccino!!!!! WHAT A GREAT MORNING!!!

I took a drive into the city center of Kansas City…..it had been years and years since I have in the center of town. WHAT a difference!!! SOOOO much construction going on, sooooo many apartments and lofts being occupied and more being built!!!! What a Renaissance…..and I hope it remains that way!!!

Then it was back out to Independence and some more shopping. Later I dinner at O’Charley’s…….and OMG, but do they ever serve WAY too much food!!!! Very good……but way toooo much!!!

Then it was up to the Hilke Inn where I am spending the night. Long time friends who I only get to see every few years……and what a shame. We must not let this occur any more…….our lives are tooooo short.

And so……it was a good day…..a relaxing day…..a day that ended with much stimulating conversation and sooooo much laughter in our remembrances!! And……with that in mind…..

Life IS GREAT!!!!……and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: