Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Wed morn, Dec 1, 2010: OMG....it is the SUN ( I think??)!!!!!!

WOW.....a bit of hazy blue sky and a large fireball in the south sky......could it be the sun after such a long time???? Has NASA found it and towed it back into it's rightful place in our sky???? However it got there, I am soooooo damn glad about seeing it again.......I can barely take the Misery days of grayness all around......above, below, and just visual ugliness everywhere you look!

Monday was one of those days......and Tuesday was one of those days.....and this morning very early was the beginning of one of those days, however.........as I excitedly said....the sun is shining this morning.

Monday??? A day of reading, with a trip to WalMart thrown in for excitement! I have found myself completely immersed in a couple of books, sequels to a book I read two years ago: "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins.....and that was a book that grabbed you quickly and never let you go until the very last sentence on the very last page. And.......the 1st Lady had purchased the 2nd and 3rd books of the 3 book set before she left last week. Well.....I finally got into the second one.....and, I will NOT tell you the names of these last two.....because you MUST read "The Hunger Games" first!!!! Yes, it is an easy read.......a young adult/upper middle school/lower high school book, but one that any adult should enjoy, and should READ if you like those types of books that you cannot....just can NOT put down!!

Monday afternoon, I joined Sue and Dave Hanner at their home for happy hour(s).....including a light supper, and including some great conversations over some varied topics and issues of the day. It was a great visit.....had not seen them since before we went to South Carolina and we had much to discuss!!!! A GREAT evening......THANKS HANNERs!!!!!

Yesterday.......the 1st Lady arrived home about 6:30pm......a bit later than she had said it would be, but she spent most of the day in STL doing the annual Holiday shopping. Me?? I read and read and am now in the third book of the series. I fixed dinner, telling her it would be at the bar waiting for her at 6pm......but, she did warm it up when she got here and enjoyed this brown riced and steamed veggies meal. We ALWAYS love this way of preparing some great and tasty food that is healthy!!!!

Today???? Egads, but I HAD to get up waaaayyyy before that fireball in the eastern sky, as I had to be at my urologist's offices in Festus be 8am this morning. Part of the assignment for the exam is to "have a full bladder" when you arrive. Well.......I drank two bottles of water and a cup of coffee as I was driving out of town.....and an hour later when I arrived, I was about to burst....literally. Always an interesting exam.......first, all of that liquid must be deposited into a funnel which is measured and charted by a machine, allowing the urologist to see if the "stream" is full and forceful!!! Then the amount is measured; following that, I have an ultrasound on the bladder to see if it is empty!!!! THEN....after several topics of conversation about my past six months since I was last examined, I get the finger......literally!!!!!! The six months prostate exam, which is always invasive from a rear point of view. However.......it probably takes longer to unbuckle my belt and get bent over than the entire invasive procedure takes......and, this time the Dr declared: " You have a perfect prostate!" WOW......just what I wanted to hear!!!!!!! Soooo, with a few more chuckles and double entendre or two.......I get my six month prescription for the pills.....the same as Flomax......and an appointment for six months down the road, BUT scheduled into my schedule for when I am still here in Misery before I literally go "down the road".

Soooo, back here in TheHowserHouse......my sagging hulk of Me seems to be doing OK, at least in the southern extremities internally!!! The plumbing is working when it needs to work....and, sooooo.......as I type this, I am downing a couple of cups of Fr. Roast coffee.....Starbucks brand, of course!!!

Sooooo, thanks to the return of the SUN.......this continues to be a great, "perfect prostate" type of day.....and, as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY AMAZINGLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Marge said...

cI loved the series. Like you it was a continous read from start to finish. I also downloaded them on the IPod. Great to listen to. The Girl with the Dragon Tatto is also a good read. Slow for the first 5 or so chapters but slog through it because again you will have to read all three.
Marge