Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sun, Nov 28, 2010: Long time, no write!!!!

OK.....after having had a couple of large cups of Fr. Roast this morning, I will try to play some catch up over the past three days........I have been very negligent in keeping the world out there in cyberspace in the "know" as to my comings and goings.......of which there haven't been too many.

Thursday morning....another day of nastiness within the sphere of the weather of Misery. Foggy, misty, cold, and then colder and then still colder and with lots and lots of rain.....and then sleet, and then some powdered sugar type of snow by late afternoon. I did some reading, didn't watch any tellie during the day, but about 1:30pm the doorbell rang.....and OMG!!!!!..............

There was Whitney, my neighbor from across the street with one of her relatives, each carrying a large styrofoam type of tray/plate ......and she told me that it just didn't seem right to be having Thanksgiving dinner at her home and me here alone.......with no turkey dinner. Sooooooo, bless her, she had brought turkey and all the "trimmings" on one plate/tray.....and the other one was filled with several pieces of different types of pies!!!!!!!!!! WOW...WOW...WOW!!!!! Did I ever pig out!!! WHAT a nice thought........I was overwhelmed to say the least and got choked up. THAT is the first time I have ever had a neighbor do something like that!!!!!!!!!!! Such a wonderful gesture on her part!!

Well, that made my day.....and even though the weather was horrible, my day was as bright as a sunny Florida day after that great meal!!!!!! And.....I ate pie off and on all afternoon.....haha!!!

Friday......not much happening here. I did some work of cleaning around the house during the morning.....and then one of my former students called and he came by....and after some great conversation we went out for lunch. Nick Nichols.........the best trumpet player I have ever taught is STILL the best I have ever taught.....as he continues his studies. He is currently at Michigan State University where he is working on this Doctorate in Performance Arts on trumpet. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Performance at Truman State University here in Missouri, then received his Master of Performance Arts at Western Michigan University.....and is now on a full-ride tuition at Mich. State Univ as he teaches at the MSU, as he studies for his Doctorate. He is also playing in several professional groups including a symphony or two there is Michigan..........as well as performing and auditioning for various positions here in the USA. He recently played in Sydney, Australia at the International Trumpet Symposium.

Well, needless to say, we had bunch and bunches of things to talk about over lunch!!!!!! It was sooooooo damn good to see him again......he is grown into quite the charming young man of 27 years!!!!! I told him to let me know when he is going to play a recital there at Michigan State this winter and I will drive up there for the performance........really do want to hear him perform. I am going to post below a link to his web page and if you search around on the various pages, there is one little clip of him performing with an orchestra on that site.

http://web.me.com/thenick2000/Nick_Nichols/Welcome.html


After he left to take his mother and sister up to the Fox Theater in STL for a musical theater performance, the rest of the day for me went by nicely as I continued to think of his successes and for some reason most of the buttons on my shirt popped off!

Yesterday: About 9:30AM, another former student and her husband dropped by for some coffee and some catching up on her life with the chance to meet he new husband!!!! Rachel DeSpain Mundell and Dave.........both are living in Jacksonville, FL as he continues his career in the Navy. Rachel is now a Special Education educator there....and seems to be enjoying it a lot. Working with inner city school kids is always a challenge, but Rachel is the type of girl who enjoys a challenge and I feel certain she is doing quite well, as she always did here in F'town with everything she did!

After that I ran to Cape to Becky's as I had to take a chair and foot stool for Rachel's room....and then we spent the afternoon visiting with Mike. Returned home about 8pm last night.........and then spent a LONG evening reading a book.

Today??? Well, let's just see what happens....ok???? The 1st Lady is still at her mom's and not sure if she is returning tomorrow or Tuesday. I am very glad she is having this time to spend with her ailing mother.......it will be a time she will always remember and keep with her forever.

And sooooo, ......as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY INCREDIBLE!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: