Monday, November 01, 2010

Mon, Nov 1, 2010: A work in progress......at the sticknbrick

Yesterday.......I enjoyed a couple of cups of Fr Roast coffee.....waiting for the sun to do it's work and warm up the outside air. Secretly, I kept hoping it would take quite a bit longer than normal, as I was really enjoying my coffee!! However, all good things must come to an end.....at least, for a while.

And soooo, I prepared to go out and do some waxing on the rv......and for the next four hours, until early afternoon, I WORKED and WORKED on just the back "cap"...the tailend/rear of the rv....and it just would not do the job that the wax used to do. Oxidation has taken over the finish on the right side of the rv as that is the side the sun hits each and every day that it is shining. As this was just the very beginning of the entire rv, I became more and more discouraged by the rub marks that would not come off of the gel-coat finish. Soooo, after those four hours....I just gave up!

Returning to cyberspace, I emailed a message to another Cedar Creek RV Owners Club member over in east Tennessee, as a few months back he had told me he would get a sample of something that he had used to eliminate the oxidation that happened on his rv. Before long....a reply came sailing through cyberspace and he told me he would get some and bring it to the Rally that we will all be attending in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area beginning this Sunday.

Sooo, I went back outside, cleaned all of the windows....small and LARGE....that the rv has.....and it does look better. This will be the first time we have been out in it since we returned from our winter in southern Texas......seven months!!! WOW. I also got really busy and washed the truck, but left the windows and the inside detailing for today's tasks.

Then.....coming back inside....hated to that on such a grand day......I began to work on our journey to South Carolina....online. Checking out various mileages and then checking on the rv parks that are available in the area where we want to end up at the end of the first two days of travels. It was a bit difficult to find one for the second night, as the miles to drive would put us in the Columbia, SC area. However, after more and more research I did locate one that could get us in for the night, so I made a reservation since it will be Saturday night and that could be a BIG problem trying to get a site on a weekend. And then......I just kicked back and relaxed, checked to see if I had some candy left.....from the three young kids that came by on Sat night, as well as me sampling quite a bit of the candy for freshness and quality during yesterday!

The 1st Lady left her Mom's home and drove down the Darrel and Dr. Jeni's house to be with the three little ones on Halloween night. She told me she would be back today around noon.

I watched The Amazing Race......and then did some reading in the lovely peace and quiet.

TODAY.........I again waited until it warmed up. I also had one other fellow come right on time for his appointment with me to prepare an estimate for replacing the windows. Trying to get "bids" from several businesses and then I want to check on the their references for the quality of their work.

After than.....I finished the truck.....took almost two hours, which I couldn't believe until I checked my watch. Then.....I cleaned out the basement in the RV, and began to load into it the patio chairs, BBQ grill, etc., etc. for the upcoming trip. I then tried to get the anode rod out of the hot water heater in the RV.....and nothing I did would loosen it. Soooo, I will wait until I get to SC to change the anode rod and get it ready for winter.

The 1st Lady.....after being gone one week, returned this afternoon. She is not feeling good about the condition of her Mom's health.....soooo many problems and what needs to be done cannot be done due to her other health issues. Soooo, the discussion is about to end with a decision about our proposed trip to New Zealand. As of this point in time, I do not think we will go next spring......it just toooo far to make a hurried trip back to the states if that should become necesssary! Then came the discussion of going on back to southern Texas...the RGV...for the winter, but I just don't think we will try to do that. Perhaps this way we CAN find the time to get the bathroom remodeled during the winter........we'll see!

This evening a former student from here ......class of 1996....and her mother came over for a while. They are both going to make a week's trip to Rome/Pompeii/Sorrento/Capri, leaving here on Nov 18th......and so we had a great talk about all of those places and making sure that they didn't miss anything, by not going on a tour. Sure did bring back a flood of memories of my 12 different trips that I have made to Italy and those very same places!!!!!! I JUST LOVE ITALY!!!!!

And sooooo, the two days flew by....my arms and shoulders are still a bit sore and tight from the RV cleaning. The rest is just cleaning the inside and getting the various things returned to the rv kitchen that have somehow ambled into our sticknbrick......guess those things became lonely out there???!!!!

Sooo, as always........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: