Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wed pm, Nov 24, 2010: "Home Alone".....and flash flooding predicted during the night with freezing precip tomorrow!

WOW......wasn't that title a damn depressing start to this little blog tonight???? Sorry about that, but this sagging hulk of Me is just speaking the truth!

Day before yesterday I began to feel the scratchiness of a cold trying to invade my aging body.....why the hell would it want to do that in THIS aged Hulk???? I would think that this damn cold would have wanted a newer body to infect.....newer blood, newer lungs, newer sinus cavities, newer throat to make sore! But......this cold selected ME......WOW!!!!! Words cannot express how I feel about this......and if I did express myself, you might want to censor my words, to say the least!

Ava remained with us when Darrel/Dr. Jeni and Meghan and Max left late Sunday afternoon, as I said before. And, true to form this cold began on Monday....and has not let up since then. However, it has not YET migrated south to my aging lungs......those lungs having suffered with pneumonia three times over the years. Not a huge "cold", but one that has sapped me....and today, my throat has increased in it's soreness. Still just gargling with warm salt water...and that helps; using my childhood Vicks vapor rub at night; and getting tons of rest. Sooooo......let's see what Turkey Day brings tomorrow.........besides.....

We are under a heavy rain warning....up to 3" has already fallen around the area....and 3 more inches are predicted before........freezing precip arrives tomorrow afternoon/evening. Nothing to accumulate, at least as of the last warning, but certainly enough to make Misery live up to it's name!

The 1st Lady left yesterday, late afternoon, to return Ava to her rightful place in her family. The 1st Lady remained there overnight.....and then went on up to Monroe City to spend most of this week with her Mom. Obviously......I did NOT go as I certainly do not want her exposed to my cold and sore throat!!!!!!!!!!! She, by any means, cannot take the chance of becoming ill with like I am!

Soooo, today I spent on the sofa watching the tv, reading the online newspapers, commenting here and there online on some sites, and just resting like I should...as I really do want to shake this before it becomes worse.

Tomorrow, since we already had Thanksgiving here on Saturday, I suspect that it will just be another normal day for me, except for the dreary weather. Of course....today was foggy, rainy, and dismal.....and, tomorrow will be no better.

I have a couple of new books that I need to get read.....the 1st Lady actually BOUGHT me two books. For those of you who are not aware.....we, for the past four years when we remodeled half of the house, we have not purchased any books, using the Library frequently for our reading habits. We did away with our built-in book cases in the bedroom with the remodeling projects....and at that time, gave away probably a couple of hundred books to the local Library and to the Senior Center for resale for their profits. So, I suppose tomorrow might be a GREAT day to read.....might even watch the Macy's Day Parade in NYC. Haven't paid much attention to that since I retired........could really care less about the bands that are marching in the parade these days.

I did forget to mention that yesterday morning, even tho I was not feeling very good, I took TheHowserHouse-on-wheels up to it's new resting place for the winter. About 25 miles north of here in the Park Hills area......Griffon's Trailer Town......is where I took it for some maintenance and then they will put "it away" after they have completed the various little jobs I contracted with them to do. As I said.....the price for the storage is wonderful: $1.00 per day!!!! THAT is a great price in my way of thinking.....and with our very large window in the living room, it just now opens the view to sights we haven't seen without the Cedar Creek sitting there blocking that view.

OK......ramblings are about completed on here tonight. Nothing earth-shattering has occurred.....and I am once again home alone for a few days, but it is a great time to rest and shake off this cold. And.........as always......

LIFE IS JUST AMAZINGLY GREAT!!!!!!.....and, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: