Friday, November 05, 2010

Fri, Nov 5, 2010: WOW.....am I waaayyyyy behind or not????

Can't remember when it was that I have been sooooo far behind in writing on here. Suppose that nothing of any importance has happened or I would have certainly put it into writing....wouldn't I??? Yes, I would!!!

Most of this week has been in getting things prepared for this trip to South Carolina. Washed the truck, loaded the 5er, took care of stopping the mail, getting my prescription refilled, getting the house ready to be gone, etc., etc., etc.

Yesterday, we did load many items into the rv.....and I discovered that I needed a new spare time....the old one was an original and it totally unable to be fixed! Sooo, I went to Farmington and purchased one that matches the other four......$183 and change......too much, but they are big tires.

Then last night we went out to the Hanner House to help Sue celebrate her birthday with some wine, some appetizers, and some dessert.....as well as trying to catch up with each other lives since we had not really had any time with them since we returned from Florida!

TODAY.....up at 6:30, scurrying around like mice, finishing loading the rv with the items we had to have this morning, locking the doors of the house and turning on the burglar alarms and pulled out of the driveway at 7:58....two minutes earlier than our projected departure time.

The trip to Cape G., across southern Illinois to reach I-24, then headed south to Nashville from there; picked up I-40 east there and are now in a KOA (UGH!!!!) in Crossville, TN, about an hour west of Knoxville. AND.......it is forecast to drop to 25 degrees tonight AND 3-6 inches of snow at altitudes above 3000 feet. After looking up the altitude of Crossville, we are at about 2000 feet.....hope the snow won't drop down this low!!! Some highways in eastern TN and western N Carolina close to the Smoky Mts are already closed!!!! DAMN....this is tooooo early to have this shitty kind of weather!!!

Tomorrow morning, I will most like have to add some air to all the tires with this colder air....and then probably will have to use the 1st Lady's hair dryer to get the basement doors opened up. I plan to unhook the fresh water hose tonight so it doesn't free to the hydrant and to the input on the rv. Hope it all works ok.....problem is that it was raining when we arrived and so all doors and locks have moisture in them!!!! DAMN!!!

We cross the time zone very quickly in the morning, so we lose an hour....and, going through and over the mts tomorrow will take plenty of time, as well as the descent where I will hopefully have good luck with my modified exhaust brake. Don't have to use it very often, but it did work ok with just the truck when I returned from Farmington to the sticknbrick yesterday morning.
If not.......well, no more postings, as the descent is an 8% grade for several miles!!!

OK.....a brief little post to bring things up to date with all of you!! My next post SHOULD be from our reserved site in an rv park in Lexington, SC....a suburb of Columbia, SC. Then it will be only 180 miles on to the Rally at Willow Tree Resort, just a few miles from North Myrtle Beach. It is supposed to be around 70 degrees there during the week........time to thaw out!

And sooooo.....as always,

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: