Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sat, Oct 30, 2010: Three more days of my Life is gone......DAMN!!!

You know.....I do not believe I can even remember Thursday...and not sure about yesterday! The time has moved so swiftly with no necessary "chores" to do....yet....that I have read, watched some recorded tv shows from the DVR that I needed to catch up on, and just relaxed as I began to plan our upcoming trip to South Carolina.

Today.....well, my body tells me exactly what I did!!!!!! No damn doubt about that.......as I washed the RV for about 4 hours and now this sagging hulk of Me is sagging more than ever and my muscles in my arms and shoulders are cursing and screaming as loudly as they can.....protesting the things I did to them today. But.....a couple of drinks with Maker's Mark bourbon has helped just a bit......

After finishing the 5er, I then mowed part of the front yard to mulch more of the leaves that have BLOWN into my yard from the neighborhood. We have a couple of days of blustery winds....Thank God the temps are in the 60's and right at 70 today, or it would have really been chilly out there. And.....sometime this week, I have contracted with a local tree remover to removed all of the roots from the 200 year old maple tree which fell last year during the "inland hurricane".....and then he is to push some dirt around to level out where the roots had pushed the soil up and up around the base of the tree. Soooo, before all of that work is done, I want to keep the leaves cleaned up as it will be more difficult to mow them after this is completed.

This evening......F'town declared this night "Halloween".....and so I went out to Walmart this morning to grab a bag of candy in case we had some kids come by. Then.....after talking with the Hanner House, I told them to bring their little granddaughter, Sophie, who is here from Chicago.....to bring her over for some treats. Sooooo, after sitting around since 6pm waiting.....I had a total of THREE little kids with their parents knock on the door!!! Amazing how living up here on the hill keeps people from coming up here to knock on the doors on Halloween. I did have all of our lights on....but the Goldsmith's brought Emilee, our neighbors across the street brought little Marcos over, and the Hanner's came with Sophie, Danielle and Ozzie, little Brian(their newest child), Brian and Pam Hanner and their two children.....almost a house full. But...it was fun while it lasted!!!!

Tomorrow.....I hope to begin to wax the trailer......and that is very labor intensive!!!!! I may get it done...and I may not. Just depends on how fast it goes on, dries, and I can get it wiped off. We'll see.......

The 1st Lady should return either tomorrow evening or Monday morning. Dr. Jeni, Darrel and three kids all went to see "Old Granny" today.....and so, I am feel certain that her 86 year old frail and failing body will be exhausted tomorrow!!! They didn't remain over night, but just went up there for the day so they could be together with her for a few hours!

I did have a contractor who didn't show yesterday come by, measure our windows, and said he would send the estimate by the first part of the week. I did also have another young man come by yesterday.....and he did the same thing. One more will be here on Monday morning to measure and discuss what we want........and that is to replace all 9 windows that haven't been replaced since we moved in here and did the remodeling. These are all in the section of the house that we didn't remodel four years ago.

I was supposed to go to Columbia today to see my great niece in the Waynesville Band as they competed in a field show competition this afternoon......but, when the guy yesterday did not show up as he promised me he would, I had to cancel those plans and remain here, since he will be gone next week....and we will be gone for 2-3 weeks beginning next weekend and we HAVE to get those estimates in and compare all of them before we sign a contract with one of them.

And soooo, the day is gone.....my sagging hulk is under attack from the exercise it received today, and I am going to bring this to a close......but, as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: