Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wed, Oct 27, 2010: ALL IS WELL!!!!!

Yep...still kickin in the sticknbrick!!! Not any problem that has kept me from writing lately....with the exception:

Nothing much has been happening here!! I could probably summarize these three days in about three sentences and you wouldn't be tooooo terribly bored.

Yesterday, that is about as far back as I can remember tonight, the 1st Lady left to go spend the week with her ailing mother. Things are not too good with her...and so, she left to be with her before we leave again next week on a trip to South Carolina. Me??? I enjoyed some "free time" and did some reading, worked on the pictures I had taken on the Florida trip, and just kicked back and relaxed out on the patio.

Today.....I took my truck to the diesel mechanic where I normally take it for any work to be done....and today was an oil change, fuel filter change, a complete check-over of all parts/tires/etc. That took over an hour...as usual. I always take to the Doe Run area and to Duncan's 4X4 on Hwy W. A great place to have a diesel truck worked on.......quality work by quality employees!!

Afterwords, I ran into Farmington.....and got my every two month haircut.....with all 67 hairs (yep, still the same number of hairs).....being trimmed, fluffed, and attempts made to made them look "fuller" and "thicker"....but to no avail. Still the same old thin strands trying to spread themselves too far and wide across my balding dome.

From there...a run through in the Walmart Super Center for a few items which are not available in this crappy little Walmart in F'town. Every time I go in there, I become upset with them.....just a horrible Walmart!!!!!

Returning home.......the winds had picked up and it "seemed" cooler than when I left this morning at 7:30am. I did water the few flowers we have that survived the non-attention when we were gone, as I had asked my house sitter/plant waterers to just manage the inside plants....and not the outside ones. Won't matter after tomorrow night as it is supposed to drop down to 27 degrees.....a HARD freeze we shall experience.....DAMN!!! Misery has returned!

During the afternoon, heard a knock at the front door....and there were two ladies standing there, one of whom I recognized: Rosemary Mondale.....a super 93 year old lady who looks 70 years young. She was the wife of the brother of Vice-Pres/Senator Walter Mondale, the Mondale's owning property just west of F'town. I knew her from a few years ago when I ran for the MO state legislature (and lost). Anyway.......she had come to town to visit with our neighbor, Corkey Bollinger.....and when she arrived no one answered her "knock"s on the door. The other lady just happened to be gathering the walnuts from the Bollinger yard, as requested by Corkey. Not being able to get a response from Corkey with the knocking, they became concerned and came over to get me. I quickly called her daughter down in Oklahoma....and discovered that Corkey, age 83, had been taken to the ER last night with blood sugar problems....she being a diabetic. Sooo, after talking with the daughter, Carla, I went over to the local hospital and went in to see Corkey. She seemed in great spirits, but tired still from the ordeal of her problems and from the overnight in the hospital. She told us that she would most likely be dismissed tomorrow.........I just hope they keep her until things are on the right pathway as far as her blood sugar and medications are concerned!!!!

And soooo, around 5pm, I then had some house guests for a few drinks and discussion over many varied topics......Michael and Melissa Goldsmith with their youngest daughter, Emily (sp?). A great couple of hours it was!!!!!......as always!!!!! I always enjoy having there here......such amazing people!!!!!

Soooo, there you have it.....a brief summary of three days, with an attempt to not bore you to tears while reading this! Perhaps tomorrow will bring some better reading about something exciting that has occurred here at the sticknbrick.....just as long as it is GOOD excitement....right??

Charlie/Katherine.......sooooo great to have you call tonight from up there in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada!!!!! We must talk more often.....eh???? And, Doug/Diane.....so glad you made it all the way down to Helena, MT today in your motorhome.....from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Great to talk with you on Skype, also!!!!! Where are the rest of my Canadian friends???? How about Skyping me so we can visit?????!!!!!!

And.....as always......

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: