Friday, October 08, 2010

Fri, Oc 7, 2010: Arrived in The Sunshine State

Yesterday......we had everything ready and were on the road by 10:30AM. We picked up Rachel at the Jr. High School in Cape G......and were crossing the Mississippi River by 12:25. We had an easy trip down to Atlanta, and enjoyed driving straight through the middle of the city at night......the lights on/in the buildings were just beautiful, to say the very least!!!!! We had some of those little pamphlet type booklets which give discount coupons for various hotels along the highway/interstates.....and we found several long I-75 just on the very south edge of Atlanta.

Sooooo, we stopped at a Day's Inn.....and I was told they were not accepting coupons as there was a "special event" going on......somewhere......and soooo, we got back on the highway for a few more miles. We turned off again, located the Baymont Inn sign, so I turned left to reach it....BUT.......that was the on-ramp down to I-75 north!!!!!! Soooo, back north we drove for four miles, exited and turned south again, and then this time I found the correct turn to the Baymont....haha!!! We got the keycards to the room that was assigned on the card folder....and took our things upstairs, pushed the card into the slot, and it didn't work!! BACK downstairs I went and down the long hallway to the office/lobby. He realized he had given me the wrong room number, so got the right rm number, went back upstairs and moved into the room. Well, the a/c didn't work!!!! When I finally got it on, it made this god-awful noise that would awakened the dead, sooooo.......back downstairs I went. This time the "manager" came up with me, heard that horrific noise from the a/c and immediately unplugged it. Back downstairs we went, he re-assigned us to another room.......AND, the same thing....the a/c didn't work in that room, either. BACK downstairs I went.....and this time the "manager" brought several key cards he punched in...and, this time we got a good room with good a/c!!!! Almost 11pm by that time.....whew!!!! However....it was a very nice room....this time!

This morning....Friday......we had a good continental breakfast....and were on the road by 9:15AM. We stopped a few times, including the obligatory stop at the Florida Welcome Center for that "cup of fresh Florida orange juice" which they have given to those who stop for decades!!! But, as always, it was good and refreshing.

Arriving in the "town" of Davenport, just 11 miles from DW, we found the right subdivision and located our house for the next 9 days. GREAT place: four bedrooms, three bathrooms,laundry room, billiards table, four tv's, large fully screened-in patio with a hot tub and very nice lighted pool inside the enclosure.......a really, really nice place!!!! The 1st Lady, Rachel, and I went out to dinner at one of those Chili's restaurants, which I always have enjoyed. However, as it was last night with the hotel.....it wasn't my night! I ordered just a Peppercorn/Blue Cheese hamburger.....and when it arrived, it was just a regular cheeseburger. No blue cheese, no peppercorn spices on it.....just the regular!! Well, the waitress didn't want to admit that a mistake had been made.....by someone.....but she did bring the manager and they agreed to cook me a different one. Soooo, about 15 minutes later.....after the 1st Lady and Rachel had finished their supper, mine was delivered. It was really quite good......and was cooked perfectly! AND.....I was not charged for my dinner......! OK.....I agreed with that, of course!!!

Dr. Jeni and Darrel called from the airport in Orlando about 8pm.....saying they had arrived with the kids and were picking up their rental car. It is now about 8:30, so they should be arriving within the hour, I would think!!! Tomorrow she has a national dentist conference to attend, so think we will just enjoy the pool and relax, before we begin the Disney World "experience" for a week!!!! Sooooo........the noise factor will raise considerably before long so I will bring this to a close for tonight!!

OH YEAH......I forgot to mention the fact that we are beginning to talk about we might need to get a new car: the seats we are sitting in in the front.....well, the driver's seat...mine...in particular has decided that after nine years of me sitting there it has molded to my rear......my sagging ass....and so it is sagging just like my body.....and the support is not there any more.....UGH!!!!! Didn't realize my sagging ass had soooo much influence on the non-animated things of my Life!!!!!

However......as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: