Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wed/Thur, Oct 13/14, 2010: Two more days in the Orlando area.....

Yesterday, Wednesday......I took the "day off"......and didn't go with the rest of the family group to Sea World. I have never been "big" on seeing trained animals...especially those from the seas. Why???? Not sure, but I would just rather see them swimming around in LARGE tanks, etc., than to see them jumping through hoops in front of hundreds of applauding spectators. It has never appealed to me.....these seals and dolphins and whales are way to "brainy" to be trained to entertain. Sorry....just my opinion. Sooooo, I remained at the house:

Took my coffee out on the patio and enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub with my Fr. Roast coffee sitting close by......just close enough that I didn't have to get out of the hot tub to have a sip! From then on, it was doing a bit of work inside the house. It was needing some cleaning....and that is what I did. Later in the day I made a trip to the nearest super market...Publix...and picked up some necessary items for the next couple of days. Yep.....I just simply played the domesticated husband and took care of things around the house.

I had some contacts with Vimille Bentinganan and Bambi about their arrival for the evening's visit. And.........just as they told me, they arrived about 6:15, with arms loaded with fried chicken and some bottles of good things to drink!! But.....all of that took a back seat to just seeing them once again and beginning the evening's renewal of our long 22 years of friendship.....first as student/teacher relationship with Vimille....and then as our friendship grew, the teacher part became a thing of the past..... Then in 2000 I flew to the Philippines to assist with the music for Vi's and Bambi's wedding. Since that time, their daughter was born and is now almost 5 years old.....Alexis ("Lexi") is a real live little doll!!! Soooo cute and such a personality!!!!! WOW!!

My family returned around 7pm last night from Sea World....and for the remainder of the evening all of us talked and laughed and went backward in our memories of those times when we were in school and when we were in the Philippines. Lexi went swimming with the grandkids and we all enjoyed eating and drinking and talking and laughing allllll evening long!!!!

Prior to their departure for their condo, Lexi entertained us with a couple of songs....and such an wonderful little singer she is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW......sooooo impressed I am, I am!!!

Today.......the kids swam for a while in the pool and then we left for Epcot Center in Disney World about 11:30. And, as it has been for all of this week, it was go...go...go...go....to try to get everything seen and ridden and completed. Epcot is my favorite place in DW.....and I just enjoy wandering, sitting, riding, and watching all the people. And.....the section that circles the lake with all of the various world's countries really does get me going.......just love their recreation of these famous places!!!!! And......of course, Epcot's Food and Wine Festival is going on now....and that made it even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1st Lady and I remained for the light and fireworks display......all coordinated with incredible music selections over a fabulous sound system around the lake!! The rest of the family with the grandkids left earlier as they smaller ones were definitely worn out. Not sure the 1st Lady enjoyed the fireworks/music as much as I did.....she didn't really seem to impressed with all of it, but.....each to their own.....right???

Soooo, everyone is now in bed and snoring away......and, here I sit spouting off about my day(s) here in the Orlando area. It has been a good week.......and I have enjoyed all of DW, however.....I am not sure I would return again. It has all been worth it with the little ones here and seeing their reactions to the things they have seen and experienced, but.......having been here several times over the years.......they would have to add something totally new to get me to return again. Especially since there have been soooooooooo many people here this time!!! Just almost impossible to walk with so many people here......just not fun at all!!

And soooo, two more days have come to a close. We have tomorrow at DW....and then on Saturday, we have to "check out" of the house. Dr. Jeni/Darrel and kids are flying back into STL on Saturday afternoon.....and the 1st Lady and I will remain here in Orlando overnight. We are meeting our great RVing friends from the RGV who are currently working in DW at the Wine and Food Festival......and we are all four going to dinner together on Saturday evening. From here.....we then go over to the Atlantic side and to the Kennedy Space Center for some tours there.

Two great days!!!! Two days left!!!! And, as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: