Saturday, December 04, 2010

Sat, Dec 4, 2010: Where HAS this week gone????

OMG....my last post was on Wed morning.....no one knows if I am alive or have just disappeared since then......WOW!!!! But......as I look backwards on the calendar....I do not know what the hell has transpired in my Life since that "fateful" Wed morning.......let's see......

Wednesday evening we were guests of the Hanner House for drinks and dinner....and lots of great conversation in front of the warm fireplace. We made plans for our annual Christmas Holiday Dinner together......as well as made plans to attend the Mineral Area College Holiday Big Band Dance with music by the MAC Jazz Band. We went last year....and it was sooooo much fun, so I have the tickets and we are set to go this coming Wednesday night. Guess I will have to iron a dress shirt and practice making a decent knot in my tie...haha!! We will have the cocktail hour here at the sticknbrick...and then drive up to Farmington where the dance will be held.

Thursday.......?????? Don't think much happened during the day. However......we went down to Cape to attend the Holiday Concert by the Cape Middle School orchestra and bands.....and, of course, Rachel was performing on the cello in her first orchestra performance. NOT TO BE MISSED!!!! And.......it was a great little performance for these 7th graders first concert! They had all of their music memorized....and all stood except for the cellos who were seated in front of the violins/violas/string basses. For having only played since the beginning of school, I was quite impressed at the quality of the tone, as well as their technique.

The 7th and 8th grade bands???? Well......I was really disappointed as I just thought there were waaaayyyyy tooooo many wrong notes, the bands each played by themselves and they just couldn't seem to stay together within each band.......lots of problems, but....the 7th graders are only rank beginners and the 8ther graders are only in their second year of band........not a good way to build a program with only beginning band in the 7th grade, as well as orchestra. Most school orchestras begin during the 4th grade.....it takes soooooo much longer to develop a good tone on the string instruments and soooo, they begin earlier than the band instruments.

Friday.........we picked up Becky and went to visit with Michael.....spending the afternoon with him. Had lots of laughs and lots of talks about "our" favorite tv shows which we all watch and discuss. We got back here last night........tired, to say the least.

Today.....WOW!!!! It was soooo nice and warm until late morning.....and then.....CRAP!!!! The high winds turned and came out of the north and the temps took a drastic plunge by the hour, aided by these high winds which have not stopped yet. Tomorrow night it is predicted to be down in the teens and only in the lower 30's most of this week for the highs!!!!! And this is the year we decided to NOT go to Texas for the winter?????????????????????????? Believe we made a bad decision!!!!!

Tomorrow, the 1st Lady is going to Dr. Jeni's......as she has an appointment with her for Monday morning to have her teeth cleaned and then will stay around and pick up the kids during the afternoon as Darrel has to run down to Chattanooga, TN to take care of some business with his racing car. The 1st Lady will return on Tuesday..........

Today......we put up the Christmas interior decorations, including the tree. Think it is about time to purchase a new one next year....this one is starting to sag a bit.......guess it is trying to follow in my footsteps???? But....I believe all is done now...and tomorrow I will return the huge boxes/cases to the garage after the 1st Lady has left with the car. I am not a fan of all of this Christmas stuff.....BAH HUMBUG is usually my reply to most of this. I guess I just had toooooo much Christmas with all of the band concerts I had to do each and every year for 30 years......can't really handle Christmas music any more.....in fact, I really dislike it.....tooooo much of a once-good-thing, I suppose.

And soooo, the end of the week is here....I am a bit caught up in my discussions on here, albeit I do have several things I am going to discuss in the very near future......some things I have been wanting to write about. I am getting tooooo damn old to keep these things to myself for a later time......because, damn it, that "later time" might be not come for me....never know, do we? We have lost six friends and family members since mid-summer.....and we realize oh-toooo -well that we just never know when we might drop out of sight.....literally!

And soooo........as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: