Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Tues, Dec 7, 2010: Whew.....NO sleep at all last night.......

Ahhhh, the weekend came and went.......and with that being said, the 1st Lady also went, up to Dr. Jeni's on Sunday afternoon. She had a dental appointment with Dr. Jeni yesterday morning and then planned to stay over with the grandkids last night......and, that she did.

The past two days....I have just sort of lounged around the house.....doing no much of anything. I have finished The Hunger Games series of three books.........RUN, do not walk....to get those books in the correct sequence and read them. Suzanne Collins is the author........such a griping series of books, from the beginning of the first one through all three to the last page of the 3rd one. Loved them....and, certainly hated for them to end!!!!

Yesterday, I put away the Christmas boxes, etc., etc......at least until the Holidays all over and then I will drag them back inside the sticknbrick and we will pack up everything for another year of storage in the garage. BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

During the day yesterday, I began to notice my lower back beginning to be painful....and then the front of my left thigh....and a third place on the upper shin of my left leg. Went to bed....and before long, I was in intense pain in all three areas. And, OMG, but that pain lasted ALL night long. I tossed and turned and winced and cursed and put myself into different positions......sure glad the 1st Lady was gone.....and finally about 2AM, I got up and tried to lay on the floor for some relief. That didn't work, so moved to the sofa....and no luck either. Then returned to the bed about 4am......and did manage to sleep in very short spurts for about 5-8 minutes each time.

At 6:30, I managed to slowly walk into the bathroom, turn on the steaming hot water, and hobbled into our walk-in shower. Standing there for almost a half hour, I felt a bit better where the pains had been located. Finished....very, very slowly....the rest of my morning routine......took some more OTC Ibuprofin (sp?).....and waited for the contractor to arrive at 8am as he told me he would.

Wrote on Facebook about these pains, did some research online, and then began to get some feedback on FB: most reliable is a long time friend of the family who works with those types of health problems.....and she told me to use an ice pack on the lower back all day long, stay off of my feet as much as possible, and then tomorrow, to alternate the ice with heat and then ice, etc., etc. for the inflammation. I do not know if it is a sciatica problem or what.........but, the day got better...except for the lack of sleep. Tonight...only my thigh and shin are giving out painful "shouts" and the back seems to be much better.

The contractor really worked hard and replaced 8 of the 9 windows, put up the new trim around the windows and just really did an outstanding job!!!!!! One window arrived with a broken pane, so the last window to be replaced will have to wait until next week. I really think he did a great job......Kyle Stevens from here in F'town.....and plan to get a bid from him for the remodeling of the other bathroom this coming spring. He will return tomorrow to do some painting and caulking on the trim....and just the small details that must be done. Soooo far.....a great job!!!

The 1st Lady returned this afternoon and we discussed my problems....and I may see a Dr. tomorrow if there is not some relief, especially tonight. Worried about laying down in bed.....as I have sat up all day with the ice pack on my back........MUST HAVE SLEEP tonight!!!!

Jeremy and Anne-marie called this evening and they changed their plans for the final time: they will fly to Hanoi, Viet Nam on the 28th of this month, visit that reconstructed country, go to Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Burma, and then on to India........for a 3-4 month stay there in Asia!!! Not a tour, but a trip at a leisurely pace.....moving on from one place to the next whenever they decide to do so. I am insanely jealous of them doing this.....I have always wanted to return to those places ever since the end of the War over there. I did visit all but Burma.....some countries were under the cover of darkness on missions still not discussed, but I did get to see some of each one, including three days in Calcutta.

They will drive up here from Mobile, AL on either Thursday or Friday and remain here until they leave from St Louis for Asia. Should be a great visit for all of us!!!

And, sooooo.......I am going to lay down...and hopefully, get some sleep tonight!!!!!!!! But, you know......even with these unexplained and very intense pains.......as always.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: