Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sat, Nov 11,2010: And.....the pain STILL continues.......

Last couple of days???? Nothing new, nothing has changed in the sticknbrick.........my mornings are LONG as I am usually awakened around 3-3:30AM with the pain. By that time the Excedrin Migraine pill have worn off....and then pain begins, again.

Mid-mornings I am at the chiropractor's office for some electrical stimulation treatments as well as some other procedures. Returning home........by early afternoon I am exhausted and find myself napping no matter if I am sitting in a chair or laying on the floor. Evenings.........reading online or watching some of the tellie shows.

The pain is still there, seems to be abating a bit, but OMG, when it hits me it is really, really not pleasant. The doc says that the inflammation is less.....it is not as swollen as it was on Wed morning, but I sure can't tell anything about that. I put an ice pack on it every 2-3 hours for about 30 minutes or so.......then I try not to sit for very long, but standing at the bar with the computer is not comfortable either. I do lay on the floor quite a bit of the time.....even though that is not the best, either.

I have talked about this on Facebook and have had several comments with ideas about what to do, thoughts, ideas, etc. Soooo, I feel pretty good about the treatments that I am getting......

Today, we do have house guests.....Jeremy and Anne-marie have arrived for a bit more than two weeks......will be here through the Holidays. Then......they have their flight to Hanoi....where they will begin a three month trip through Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma(perhaps) and India.....traveling on their own to enjoy the cultures and see the sights and enjoy the different foods. I am very jealous about this trip..........oh yeah, I have sciatic problems, don't I???? Seem to forget those things when I am dreaming of travels throughout the world!!!!

Tonight......we have the annual Christmas Party of the 1st Lady's Beta Sigma Phi Sorority here in town. Hmmmm........sure hope the pain can be controlled while I am there........??

Sooooo........that is the news from here for the past two days......and, even though it is getting more difficult to say/write........

LIFE IS GREAT........and, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

Hi John,
I went to a Orthopedic surgeon about my back and found I had a bulging disc. I thought the same as you it was just a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle. I needed to have a series of 3 Cortisone shots in my back before I was relieved of all the pain. Not sure a Chiropractor can do that for you.

Give it a try.

Larry