Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tues AM; Frigid weather, cold outside/cold on my rear!!

Hmmm......I didn't realize that the last time I was on here to discuss my waning Life was on Saturday......I just do not know where the hell the time goes!! Bothers me that it slips by soooo quickly and I do not even realize it. Am I THAT busy???? Shit, NO!!! Soooooo...........???? Where does it go?

Let's see.....how can I reconstruct these past few days??? The over-riding factor.......well, it has been the same basic problem with me......the pain which arrives without warning, starting slowly and building to an intense level. However, I am now learning that when I do feel it beginning, I go take a couple of Excedrin Migraine pills and after an hour they do begin to alleviate the intensity somewhat. I have been to see the Doc every morning for electrical stimulation......about 20 minutes each morning.....as well as some other adjustments. IF, so he says, I am seeing no improvement.....not sure how the hell I should know when it is soooo sporatic......then I will have an MRI on Thursday of this week. I discussed with him about seeing the Physical Therapists that are sooooo highly recommended here in town, but he wants to wait until at least tomorrow.........and the MRI, if need be. Ok!

Yesterday......the pain in the thigh never left......and I went to bed with it about 11pm, but was sooooo exhausted from putting up with that hurting, both mentally and physically, I fell asleep very quickly and didn't have to fight it...trying to find one of those contortionists positions for relief.

To bring you forward from Saturday.......that evening we went to the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority Holiday party....and it was about the same as each year: some drinks, dinner, and then each couple opens their gifts from the "secret sister" in front of everyone else. Oooohs and ahhhhhs are required upon revealing the gifts to everyone....and then everyone sings a Christmas song. OK......as I mentioned to some friends there, I felt like we were sitting in an "old folk's home" singing(?) Christmas songs in the "gathering room" of the home. Hmmmmm.......Bah Humbug!!!
It was good to see Jon and Jo Daniel and I was particularly glad that we did get to sit with them for dinner.......I miss chatting and being with them!

Sunday??? Hmmmm........just a laid back day with COLD, FRIGID weather as the day progressed. Yesterday......my appt with the doc......and then I took my truck to a local auto mechanic's shop.......I had trouble getting it to the start yesterday morning......never has ever been that tough, even at -15 degrees. And, when I did get it started I let it run for about 25 minutes before I was to leave for my appt. Well, I went out there to leave and there was some fluid......quite a bit....coming from under my truck on the driveway????? I dipped my finger into it and it smelled just like diesel fuel. Soooo, I took the car and then stopped at the mechanic's to make an appt with them. Took the truck down to the them........and the results are not in as yet this morning. They cleaned off the motor from the fuel, started it and let it run, but could find no clue. Soooo, they were going to keep it outside last night and then start it this morning to see if that same thing would happen.......9AM right now and no word from them!!!??

I have been a bit disappointed with the contractor who is installing the windows. The trim that I contracted to have put around the windows..... molding......was not done to my standards. He had painted it already, so I knew he was finished with it. There were many rough edged boards.....I got two splinters just running my finger across them.....and some damaged trim boards that were split, chipped off, the nail holes not being "puttied" in with wood putty, etc., etc. Soooooo, I told him on SUNDAY I was not satisfied with this work!!!!! And.....he said he would redo the problem areas.

Also.....on Sunday with the 35+mph winds out of the north, all....yes, ALL....of the windows were letting in the frigid air along the side where they slide up and down!!!!!! Soooo, yesterday morning a rep from the store came to check on them and he agreed!!!! He is having the window factory/company send him some "bumpers" to plug those areas. What does that say about these damn windows????????? TONS AND TONS, doesn't it?? Right now, I am NOT a happy camper!!!!!!

Sooooo, what has happened to my postive outlook on Life????? Amazing, isn't it, when things take a downward turn that a person's mental outlook becomes tainted???!!!!! OK....I am trying to look past all of this, but......right now I am finding it a bit difficult to do. I just keep telling myself that: Success comes in Can's......Failure comes in Can'ts. Sooooo, I can get my aging body working again.....the effing sciatic nerve.......and the physical problems with the house CAN be fixed, after the probability of some confrontations down the road with the window people!!!

Hopefully, today will be a better one!!!!(?) We are going to Cape G. with the Hanner's for our annual Christmas Friend's Dinner, along with Jim Harryman of Perryville, formerly our neighbor across the street. Soooo, this evening should be fun.......it WILL be fun!!!!!!

And sooooo, lots of complaining in this post......eh????? Sorry about that......Life is not always perfect, is it? However.........I CAN get these small bumps in the road smoothed out.....right??!!!!!

Of course, as I always say, and I DO really believe this........

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!(even with problems)........and, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Hotel California said...

At least you aren't losing any more hair.