Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thurs, Dec 23, 2010: WHEW....where did these last few days go??

Let's see if I can bring you up to date without a lot of details, as we are ALL busy this week.....and, I doubt if you would want to argue that point.....right???

We returned from our four day tour of Misery, visiting both the 1st Lady's family and mine during that time. On Tuesday, we left Osage Beach/Lake of the Ozarks and made a brief stop to see the 98 year old aunt of the 1st Lady's.....who is living in an assisted living facility between Eldon and Tuscumbia, MO. It is her mother's sister.....and she seems to be doing really well. She has quite a bit of difficulty with her hearing, but she is looking great. At the time we were there, she was having her hair done at the beauty "salon" there at the home. We visited during the appointment and then had to move on down the road.

We arrived in F'town about 3pm or a bit later.....and before long it was time to go out to the Hanner House for dinner for the four of us(Jeremy/Anne-marie) and the 1st Lady and myself. Their daughter, Danielle and her two children were here and we had a great dinner of several courses. Talk was never a problem as Jeremy and Danielle had been in the same high school graduating class.....and not see each other for several years!

Wed and today were spent mainly in preparing for the weekend when everyone will be here. I did have coffee at the local coffee shop with a former student....Leslie Sikes who also brought her significant other.....and it was just wonderful to visit with her, and to get know him. She was a flag corps girl for me, a piano student, and a European traveler on one of my trips over there. She was a music education major and is now teaching elementary music in the Webster Groves School District......and, LOVES IT!!!!!!! A very talented singer/vocalist, she has sung in many musical productions in the St Louis area........and enjoys every minute of it. She also sang a summer or two at Six Flags Over Miss Kitty's Saloon, if memory serves me correctly.

My sciatica nerve and left leg seem to be improving with each day, albeit slowly. The pains do no awaken me any more.....because.....I have no pains during the night. And, even during the day they are bearable 99% of the time. Still getting treatments each day....and will continue for a week or so. There is some stiffness in my back, but that will disappear, I am told.

Sooooo.....I do have some pictures on my camera from our wonderful dinner at the Hanner's on Tuesday night, but will have to post them in the next day or so. Snow is predicted, but they seem to be pushing back the "heavy" snow that was originally discussed.

And Santa is loading up his sleigh for the trip tomorrow........for me:

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: