Monday, December 20, 2010

Dec 19, 20, 2010: Family Christmas in Hannibal; Visit with family in Jeff City and Osage Beach

Ahhhh.....yesterday.....what a gathering of family members!!!!! After spending many hours in the large indoor pool at the Quality Inn and Suites in Hannibal on Saturday evening.......the Redman Family gathered at the Jaycee Hall in Hannibal for the Christmas celebration including a catered dinner, exchange of gifts, and games for all ages. The hall rang with squeals of laughter and fun from the youngest generation.......the great grandchildren of "granny", the matriarch of the family. And....I believe I counted 43 in attendance....only two grandsons were unable to attend. It was an afternoon of fun, food, and family......what more could be wanted from the Christmas gathering??!!!!

The 1st Lady, Jay and Anne-marie, and myself remained in Monroe City last night at the home of the 1st Lady's mum.......and then today we drove down to Jefferson City where I spent a wonderful, warm 90 minutes with my only remaining aunt, who is now living in an assisted living facility there in Jeff City. We were joined by her daughter, my cousin, for a great visit.......and it was soooo good to see my aunt. She has suffered a heart attack and a quadruple bypass in February....but, has recovered beautifully. She is an amazing lady, sharp as a tack, and with a wonderful outlook on Life considering everything which has been put on her plate over the 86 years of her Life!!!! This was 90 minutes which will stay with me......forever!!!!

Afterwards, we drove on down to Osage Beach, checked into a hotel, and then did some shopping at the outlet mall there. Drinks for Jay/Anne-marie and the 1st Lady and myself were at a local watering hole....Bootleggers.....and then we met my sister and her husband, his son and wife from Florida, and we all had a great two hours of eating, drinking, and conversations at the Outback Steakhouse! Great to see all of them again.......and to be together for a few hours during this Holiday season!!!!! I was glad Jay/Anne-marie were able to be there so he could visit with my sister......before they fly to Hanoi, Vietnam next week for 3-4 months of traveling throughout Southeast Asia for 3-4 months.

My sciatic never problem????? Well, it is about the same.......not a constant pain, but from time to time if I sit and drive too long at one sitting.....and then if I walk too long. Hmmmm......still raising question in my mind about the extended trip to New Zealand.......????!!!!

And sooooo, two great days........days of family and visits with families!!! Soooo, of course.......

LIFE IS JUST INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: