Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 44, Sept. 27, 2009: Another day on the road.....

Cheyenne this morning......a great sunrise.....but a very noisy rv park, right next to I-25 and there was a great deal of traffic all night long.....UGH!!!! We didn't get up quite as early this morning........but, after a quick morning rituals, I went outside with my Fr. Roast coffee and began checking the tire pressure in each of the 8 tires. This is a normal morning task for me when we are traveling with TheHowserHouse......I do NOT want to take any changes of tire problems and find myself/ourselves on the edge of the highway...at the best. I am well aware of sooo many others who have had blow outs pulling their Cedar Creek.....and with LOTS of damage to the 5th wheel!!



Sooo, after checking all 8...and they were just exactly where I wanted them(110 for the rv tires and 80 for the truck tires)......I refreshed my coffee....and then put the things in the living room/den into their traveling places. Before long the 1st Lady was down and we went into the final stages of getting things ready to return to the highway for the day's trip east. I did walk over to see the owner of the new 2009 Cedar Creek Custom rv.....beautiful custom painted colors on it....a deep blue that was the same as his truck. Well.......our discussions were a bit strange as he did tear into one the best "people" persons I know of at the CC factory. And.....while trying to defend this individual who has done soooo much for the members of our club when they have CC problems.....well, this guy with the new CC was not to be told anything positive about the factory or this individual. Soooo, I pulled myself away from him and returned to THH across the street.

We were on the road by 9:15am........and drove until about 5pm...CDT....and stopped for the night at Henderson, Nebraska....at a private RV Park. VERY clean and neat, but not at a place most people would pull over for the night. Nothing around here at all....except HIGH WINDS. And....those HIGH WINDS were the story of the day for us.......such a damn battle to keep the truck and THH on the highway. WHEW.......35-45 mph winds(I learned on the news on tv tonight)....and coming out of the north. Not a pleasant day of driving!!!!! Hope tomorrow is better....??!!

And, so........we are both tired, but....as always....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: