Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 41, Sept 23, 2009: AHHHH......finally!!!

Another chilly night, made even more so after sitting around the fire last night enjoying the warmth....and then as the night grew older, it became a bit colder here in TheHowserHouse.....however, not to worry......the furnace kept us warm all night.

This morning....OMG, I just cannot believe that these marvelous mornings just continue to keep happening day after day after day!!!!! Beautiful.....gorgeous....brilliant blue sky with not one cloud to be seen. We are told this IS unusual, but hell....I will take all of this unusualness all the time!

After the morning rituals, my breakfast, and a cup of coffee, it was 9:30...perhaps later...and I decide to bike up to our lot about two-three blocks away....and OMG......OMG, there was the backhoe sitting there with the operator just waiting for the developer to arrive!!!!!!! I discussed with him what I wanted/needed done....and before long a trench was opened up to run the PVC pipes from the original sewer outlet over into my lot to where I wanted the new outlet to be put.

In talking with the driver......who does some work/labor after hours for the residents here with the park equipment available to him.......I asked him about what he would do to level out the lot and to do away with the slopes as much as possible. He suggested that I call the developer and see how much the resort would do for me......without a charge. Soooo, that is what I did....and he returned to discuss this with the backhoe operator and myself.......and before much discussion, he did say that he would have dirt and gravel added to assist in getting in level......saving me quite a bit of money!!

Soooo, by 11:30, they had done all they could do for today, due to lack of gravel and more dirt.....promising me this would get done as soon as possible. Well........we realize that this can't be done before we have to leave here this weekend for Missouri, so I will keep checking from there as to the progress. I DO want this done before the snows arrive, so that it can settle during the winter snows.......as they usually get tons and tons of snow, as I have said before.

Lunch time came.....and we went by to pick up Mac....Gail having gone to Idaho Falls to teach a quilting class......and so we went to the Senior Center in downtown Thayne.....having had their lunches recommended to us as really, really good. AND, for $3.50!!!

Well, such a wonderful suprise!! The Senior Center is virtually brand new with huge windows in the cafe section that look out to the east and the west to the mountain ranges on the fringes of the Star Valley. And....OMG, is the food ever wonderful!!!!! We will be eating there more and more, I am sure....as next summer arrives!!!! What a wonderful place this is for the senior citizens of the area!!!!!!!

While there, Mac began to show that he was not feeling very good......closing his eyes, letting his head droop, and when we had finished eating he had me return to the truck to get his pills. Doing this as quick as I could, I returned and he took his dosage....still sitting there without saying too much. We ambled out the door....SLOWLY...and he sat on a bench for a few minutes...and then we went on to the truck. We drove to a local flower/plant/tree shop and just drove through the lot, looking at the trees that they had. Returning to the RV Resort, we drove out by a couple of brand new lots that have had some very interesting cement poured for patios, etc......but, I could tell that Mac was having trouble sitting up.

We returned to his park model home....and, by that time he was not in good shape at all. Trying to get him out of the truck was impossible...and the couple from across the street came over to assist us.....finally getting him to the ground, and then we walked him, slowly, into his house...and got him into his chair. Within a couple of minutes, he was drifting off to sleep, as he does soooo frequently, due in part to the meds he is taking for his Parkinson's disease. The 1st Lady and the couple across the street then quietly left....and I remained there for the afternoon.......as he dozed for about two hours. Upon awakening, he seemed better, his mind was not as confused, and his color was much better. We chatted off and on....as he would return to sleep for a few minutes and then awaken. I could see he was much more like himself....and so after talking some more, I told him I was going to leave for awhile, returning to check on him in 30 minutes, which the 1st Lady and I did do.

And....he was better each time we came by.....of which we are soooo glad. He seemed to think it was a blood pressure issue......will talk more to him and Gail in the morning. This evening, I went back over there and two other friends, John and Revy, were there, so we did visit, and he seemed back to normal. It was a rather scary "spell" which he had.........not good at all!!

And sooooo, a good day, and yet.....an afternoon that was a bit tense with Mac's illness coming to the forefront as I have never seen happen before. However...........as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: