Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 30, Sept 11, 2009: Is the day over already????

The above question is "right on the money" this evening. I have no idea where this day went to......just simply disappeared into a beautiful sunset this evening. I have no good idea exactly what we did........other than to know that we spent a couple of hours on the site/lot raking dirt, gravel, and stacking rocks to keep the dirt from washing down onto the lot below/behind us. And......we still have mucho work to do.

The 1st Lady went line dancing for a couple of hours this morning....and is really, really enjoying doing it.....because of the wonderful people that are dancing at the same time. While she was gone.....I went to the realty office and talked with our realtor. We will sign all the papers and wire a check next Friday.....and that will about complete our portion of the purchase.

We are planning our trip to Colter Bay in Teton NP, leaving here on Sunday morning and returning on Thursday. Since the more inexpensive campground does not take reservations, we are just taking a gamble that we can get our big rig into one of their sites there. Hopefully by this time of the year, the hords of tourists will be gone.........we'll see, we'll see!!!

I had an interesting comment concerning yesterday's post....as well as referring to other posts. This gentleman from Indiana asked why I have such "low esteem" since I constantly refer to myself as the "sagging hulk of me". HAHA.......for years and years, in front of my bands, I have made fun of myself.....allowing others to see that I am just a human being....and not necessarily a grouchy, old teacher....and you know.....this technique worked very, very well!!!!!! It broke the ice when things within the band rehearsal would become tense if the band was not rehearsing well for an upcoming concert. And......whenever I could get a laugh out of the students.....they would relax and then we could once again make progress in the rehearsal.

Laughter always reduces tension, relaxes everyone, and also brings everyone together as we share something humorous. This gentleman mentioned that I was a "very, very active" guy....and called me "the Energizer Bunny". Well......I certainly hope that I can remain that way....and bringing laughter to others, as well as myself, does keep me going. Yes...I almost always have lots and lots of energy and enjoy Life to the fullest!!!!! And.......for all of you reading this.......if you can't laugh about Life, then you are in serious trouble. I try to enjoy Life to the max.......each day/each evening/always!!!!! Am I always a positive person??? HELL NO.....but, when I do get a bit negative, then I realize I am only damaging myself at that time.....and so, I try to bring myself back around to the reality of Life......and enjoy each minute of it! Sooooo, this "sagging hulk of Me" will continue to be written and read on here.

For NormS. , yes....you are correct about my son. Did you get a chance to meet him????

And sooooo, this day left all too quickly!!!!! Why is it when you are enjoying Life sooooo much....that the days just go soooo rapidly??? It just accents what I have quoted soooo frequently: "Life is too short to stay in once place". We must ALL take each day and try the best we can to enjoy each day.......EVERY DAY!!!!!

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: