Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 40, Sept 22, 2009: Just waiting....and waiting....and waiting.....

Yesterday, Monday........I was up and going EARLY for me.....7am....UGH!!!! But, I wanted to be up at our lot by 8am....as we had been told that some of the resort people would be there to change our sewer drain to a different location, as well as, hopefully, do some leveling of the lot. Well..........no one at 8am....so, I biked back and forth from THH rv to our lot no less than once every 30 minutes for most of the day. And.......no on showed up!!

It was a chilly day....all day......and we just remained at THH during the evening, wishing that our fireplace had not decided to stop working safely. We could have enjoyed it with the really cool evening as we watched some tv.

This morning??? Same routine....however, I did go down to the resort office and inquired with our realtor about the work which did not get done yesterday. He was very surprised, made some phone calls, and then told me it WOULD be done this afternoon. Well.......back and and forth on the bike I went....and finally just gave up at 5pm.......

Sooo, for two days I have waited and waited and waited, sooo, tomorrow morning I will return to the resort office to inquire once again. We would certainly like to get this done before we leave.....and we would like to get away before the weekend, but.....who the hell knows if that can be accomplished, IF we wait to get this work completed. Time will tell......and, I do need some answers in the morning....!! Just communication problems, I'm certain, but excuses will just not work tomorrow with me!!

This evening, we went over to some other friends and sat around their outdoor fire pit....and enjoyed some great conversation....however, it began to get really cool, so we broke up and the 1st Lady and I came on home.

Last night was the coldest night we have had since we arrived.......the weather channel online said that at 7:30 this morning it was 23 degrees. Others around the resort said it wasn't quite that low, but nevertheless, it was chilly outside.

And sooooo, a day has disappeared again....and I really feel like I have not accomplished one single thing today!!!! Just waiting..........however, the weather was good during the day and that made it enjoyable to sit outside and take advantage of this beautiful weather. Tomorrow????? Who the hell knows???!!!! Just have to see what occurs, as we cannot leave the resort until we have the work done on the lot....or, at least we feel like we can't leave. Two weeks from tomorrow we fly from STL to Hartford, CT........and then after spending a week back east, the rest of the month will zoom quickly by....and then it will be time to fly to Puerto Vallarta.

However..........as always,.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: