Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Day 27, Sept 8, 2009: Temps are dropping and the sky is bluer.....

OH YEAH.......it was 33 degrees when I pulled my sagging hulk out of the horizontal position and managed to stumble down the stairs to turn on the coffee maker. And.....I turned on the furnace.....and before very long the wonderful aroma of freshly ground coffee dripping into coffee pot....and the inside of the rv was soon toasty warm.

The 1st Lady went line dancing this morning for a couple of hours.......and during that time, I ambled down to Mac/Gail's and we set and visited for awhile. Returning to the RV.....I went up to our own site/lot to look around, pace off some rv placement ideas.....and then returned to the RV.

I had some more paperwork to sign, as well as the 1st Lady, for the lot purchase. I asked about moving the closing date forward, but.......it isn't possible. Sooooo, things are changing as I write this about the next 10 days....and our activities for those days.

I then grabbed the "Roundup" and went back to the lot......and for the next two hours I sprayed the weeds and weeds and weeds and hopefully, I have killed these damn western weeds. I won't know for a few days. I did gather up the weeds that we had pulled out yesterday, bagged them, and took them back to the RV to dispose of.

We had many people drive by, stop, and talk about our new purchase........all expressing their congrats....and were glad to see someone purchase this large lot.

This evening.......we are back down at Mac/Gail's to use their wifi. We are doing some thinking about going up the 80 miles or less to Teton National Park for a few days. RV sites are on a first come, first served there, so it is just a gamble as to whether we can drive up and get one that we can squeeze into. They do not have hookups there, so we will have to rely on batteries and our generator, which can only be run during the certain hours of the day. But....think we can spend a few days there.....with luck.

And soooo, my day was very busy. Two hours plus on the weed destruction project.....and a couple more hours on discussing, mapping, marking where we might want to place TheHowserHouse on the lot. Sooooo much to think about......soo much to do here. Can't move any dirt around until we close on the lot.....and that means: no moving of dirt, gravel, until when we get back out here next summer!!!!!! Not to my liking, but our already confirmed schedules for this fall cannot....repeat: CANNOT be changed.

Two major trips by plane in the next two months....and I will not cancel them or change dates as the costs are much more than I want to spend.....to not make the trips: Hartford, CT...and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

And soooooo, tomorrow is another day.....and tomorrow morning will be a COLD morning as it is predicted that temps will fall into the mid-20's tonight!!!! BRRRRRR.......is it time to leave for the Rio Grande Valley in Texas already????? Hmmmm....I wonder......

But.....cold temps or not, as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the Rio Grande Valley, at 3:45pm it is 93 degrees...sure u want to come here?