Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 35, Sept 17, 2009: Back to Star Valley RV Resort......

Brrrr.....it was just a bit chilly this morning in Teton NP.....at the Colter Bay campground. I don't know the temp, but when I went outside to begin to pack TheHowserHouse, I instantly knew that it was a bit cold for shorts!

After a couple of hours: breakfast, getting the RV ready to tow down to Star Valley, packing up the inside for bumps, curves, and other unforeseen events on the highway as all breakables must be stored carefully, and in some instances, wrapped in towels, etc. for when we are going down the road. We pulled out of our slot on the campground loop....and slowly made our way around the curve in the loop as it was a very tight squeeze to get past other rv's with their slides sticking out into the road as I rounded the tight curve to the main street in the cg. But......by inching along, checking out the outside rear mirrors, and making slight adjustments to the angle of the truck as I went around the curve, we made it out successfully.

Next......I had to get in line for the sewage dump.........sort of like standing in line to use the restroom!!! Only three units ahead of me.....and they must not have had too much....errrr......crap, as they didn't take too long to get rid of it...haha!! And, then I had to swing by the general store as the 1st Lady needed to pick up a few items before we headed back south out of the National Park.

From the time we left the cg, until we pulled into Star Valley Ranch RV Resort.......it was EXACTLY to the minute.....two hours! The traffic was light....the day was gorgeous....and the last views of the Grand Tetons was absolutely stunning in the morning light!!!!! Remind me and I will tell you the meaning and story behind the naming of the Grand Tetons......hahahah.....thanks NormS for goosing me on this little story!!!!

AMAZING......I backed into the narrow squeeze of the rented site with the greatest of ease.......the easiest it has been the entire trip!!!! We got THH set up for living here for a few days.....and then.....the 1st Lady did some laundry as I finished cleaning up THH from the pine needles, mud, and other foreign objects that had somehow found their way inside and onto the floor and carpet. Soooooo........a general house cleaning was performed this afternoon by this sagging hulk of me!

And sooooo, we are back "home" in Star Valley. Tomorrow we are scheduled to close our purchase of our new rv site here at the resort.........and then we will be official Wyoming land owners!!!! Lots to do on the site....and as of tonight, we are still uncertain just how long we will remain here, or if we will go down to Utah to a couple of National Parks there. Depends on some answers I receive tomorrow during the closing..........

This past four days have been just beyond reality: the views, the mountains, the NP itself, the beautiful blue and oh-sooo clear waters of the Lakes, the incredible beauty of this Grand Teton National Park!!!!!! OMG....if you have not ever been here, you absolutely have no idea what you have been missing!!!!!!! Even with all of the unique things to see in Yellowstone, only a few miles up the road from the Teton NP........I still cast my vote VERY STRONGLY for Grand Teton NP as the most beautiful and enjoyable!!!!!! You MUST get out here and experience it......soon!!!!!

And so.......another few days of my ever shortening Life have gone soooo quickly!!!! However, as always............

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: