Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 31, Sept 12, 2009: A very short post tonight.......

Another beautiful day out here!!!! However.....this day was a busy one for me....as I had much to do to get TheHowserHouse ready to move up to Grand Teton National Park in the morning. And.....I did get everything done.

After some Fr. Roast coffee in the bright sunshine outside, I took one of my propane bottles from TheHowserHouse to get it completely filled before we leave tomorrow. Then topped off the diesel in the truck, picked up a couple of items at the local Ace Hardware....and soon was back in the resort.

From then on.........it was a day of no sitting or relaxing. I washed the truck to get all of the dust off of it that covered it from our trip earlier this week up to get some large rocks for when we get possession of the lot.....so it really needed washing. Looks good now...but sure it won't look that way for long.

Then I began working to get the basement cleaned out, re-arranged, and ready to load the chairs and tables that we have had on the patio. I did contact the local RV Repair guy.....and he came by to check on our tv. It has not worked since we arrived here....and all along I thought it was a loose connection between the antenna and the wire/cable running from the antenna to the tv. However,......this guy told me it was not that, BUT........there is no digitalized tv out here and so all the cables that I had attached/plugged to the converter box from the antenna/tv.......were keeping us from seeing a picture. All I needed to do was bypass the converter box!!!!!!!! I had NO IDEA that it would not allow us to receive a picture if the channels were not broadcasting in digital/HD!!!!!!!!! Easy fix, to say the least......and a quick check to the guy for his minimum time of $20.00. Glad to pay that just to learn something....!!!!

As of now, everything is put away from the outside, the inside will be done in the morning, and I am no preparing myself for no internet service until next Thursday when we return from the Teton NP. I might possibly be able to get online at the Grand Lodge in the Park, as I did do this four years ago when we were last here. Soooooo, do not expect to see any posts this week.....and then be surprised if I DO get online!!!!! Back here in Star Valley on Thursday, as we close on the property on Friday.

As to that....we may stay here longer and not go to Utah. The resort developer told our realtor that they would level it out and lay down some gravel, as well as move the sewer line to wherever we wanted it moved!!! Sooooo, that could save us some bucks......!!!!! And, if they do get that done, we will stay and talk with the concrete companies to get some bids for what we would like to get poured on the first round. Tomorrow morning I am gong to take TheHowserHouse up to the lot before we leave here and try to position it in various locations and then decide where we will need the sewer lines....and the concrete patio, etc., etc.

And sooo.....another quick day...a busy, busy one.....and....as always,

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning: we were in the Tetons in June of this year and had internet service through our Verizon air card. Good luck with your search for service.