Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 51: A great day in Acadia National Park...

Well......this time change is not good for old bodies that get into habits!!! Yep.....I was awake a couple of hours earlier than I needed to be......still on Atlantic Daylight Time....and instead of awakening at 6am....I was awake at 5AM!!! UGH!!!!

So, around six I pulled myself out of bed and when finished with the morning rituals, I went downstairs and still found this damn Wifi as slow as molasses!!! Couldn't get the pictures from yesterday to upload....and so, the same remains tonight. Will just have to play catch up when I can get online with good internet service.....SORRY!!!

I was in town by 7:45 as I wanted to get the oil changed and a new fuel filter put on......and it was completed by 8:25am!! And.....soon I was back out at the cg....and the 1st Lady was up and had eaten some breakfast and was having her morning tea. We talked a bit about the day....and by late morning we were headed down to Bar Harbor....and Acadia National Park.

WOW....sure is great to be OLD!!!! Yep......my Golden Age Passport for all of the USA National Parks is a real money saver!!! Saved us the $20 fee to get into Acadia.......and that always helps.....especially after the oil change and fuel filter change cost $149.00!!!! And soooo, we stopped at the Visitor Center, viewed a little video which didn't give too much information....and then we picked up a map....and we decided to do the Loop Road around the best part of Acadia.

Many, many pull-offs were along the road to see the magnificent vistas.......just gorgeous....as the pictures will show.....someday when I can get them uploaded. The best views were of the ocean and the huge rock cliffs/bluffs that those huge waves pounded upon........really beautiful!!! Brought to mind the amazing vistas of the Cabot Trail in northern Nova Scotia..........just great views and we found ourselves not wanting to leave each little pull-off!!!! Just could barely pull ourselves away from the beauty found there......

By late afternoon, we had made our way around the Loop Road......and so went into Bar Harbor to have an early dinner....and finish some shopping taskts. Our meal was adequate......not necessarily great....but quite good!!! We both had broiled scallops in an herb sauce.....and the scallops were HUGE!!! Bigger than a silver dollar in circumference and at least 1.5 inches thick...and some were about two inches thick.....WOW!!! Biggest ones I have ever seen/eaten....and oh yes, they were really very tasty.

We finished our shopping in about an hour and went back into Ellsworth, stopped at the local supermarket, and then came on out to the cg. And then the task of getting some thoughts about our journey of almost 1600 miles together in my mind.........just trying to figure out where we might want to stay overnight(s). It will be in Massachusetts tomorrow night, unless something changes our plans......and there aren't many cg's close to the interstates that we will be driving on.....eventually going west in Massachusetts towards NY state. Hmmmm, we may be staying in Walmarts......???

And so, don't know when I will get online again......and don't know when I will get the past two days pictures uploaded for you to see.....but, just as soon as I can. Keep checking in......and you might just see them........

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: