Tuesday, September 18, 2007

WHEW........Cleaning TheHowserHouse

I had to sneak around the stick and brick this morning.....letting the sick 1st Lady sleep as long as she could. I did sleep in the guest room......didn't want to possibly pick up her germs/virus/??. By 9:30 she was up, showered, and made her 1st Lady entrance into the living room.......feeling somewhat better, at least at first!

I called Lenscrafters and canceled her eye exam appointment in Cape.....and then I decided it was time to get busy on TheHowserHouse...on wheels. Today I designated as clean the roof day.....UGH!!!! I detest washing/scrubbing/rubbing the "rubber" roof.......there is nothing easy or fun about this task, but......it must be done.

However, I decided that the LONG awning needed to be cleaned first......and that took over an hour to do both sides. Not an easy task if it is to be done properly: Roll it out about 18"-24" and then standing almost on top of the ladder, wash/scrub the entire length and the unroll it that same amount and clean the entire length.....etc., etc. It is 8 feet wide and 20 or 21 feet long, so it is time consuming......but necessary.

The "rubber" roof took longer.....and it is still not done....yet. It was toooooo warm in the sun to do it while the sun was at it's strongest......so I did one side that was in the shade....along the top of the side where the "rubber" lips over from the top. THAT took over an hour as I had to work it little by little like I did the awning. Then I waited until the sun began to sink....4pm....and taking everything up on top of the RV....several trips up and down the RV's ladder.......and then I began the scrubbing and the rinsing and the scrubbing and the rinsing. I HAD already lowered the landing gear jacks in the front to bring the nose down so the water would run towards the front of the RV.....and then when I reached the highest point on the RV, it would run down the backside. Well........needless to say, it took awhile and I am DAMNED TIRED!!!!!! I still have the roof that lips over the other side of the RV to do tomorrow before the sun gets onto that side.

THEN......I will have to wash and remove the "black streaks", which means that the normal long pole washing brush will not do the trick. There seem to be LOTS of those nasty black streaks which means working it all by hand........UGH!!!! I may wait until the weekend to wash the sides/front/back......and then do ALL the windows inside and out. Yep.........it is in need of some TLC and I am good at giving that to TheHowserHouse..on wheels!

And now......my back is aching, my wrists(both), that I have broken during the chapters of my Life, are hurting.....probably arthritis is beginning to show up in these broken bones at this grand old age of 64. Sooooo, I will close this little post of ramblin's.......and as always, no matter how much I ache or feel the throbbing bones in my wrists.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!.....and, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: