Sunday, September 16, 2007

Super little Sunday........

Ahhhh, it was a cloudy day, but that just didn't stop us from having some laughs today. The 1st Lady was off to church by 8:30 this morning, and after the hour there she spent a bit of time adding to the local economy by doing some shopping at Wally World.

Before we knew it, it was time to join some friends at the fairly new Vance Vineyards on the edge of the town's boundaries. Not sure the city fathers would want this inside the city limits, but surely that is THEIR loss as I do believe it will be quite a "draw" to others in the F'town surrounding area. This was our first time there and we were both impressed. Sunday afternoon is not their busy time, so it was just really pleasant to be there when the "crowds" were not there to interrupt with our good times. The vineyards are young....and it will be a few short years before all of the various grapes will be producing in quantities that will allow for wine production......but, years have a way of quickly flying by.

We joined some friends of ours from here with all of us bringing some edibles that are good with wine........and for three lazy hours we sat out on the patio overlooking the vineyards and a small lake, enjoying the great conversation and laughs......and the very decent wines that we purchased. The 1st Lady is not a dry wine lover.......suppose she thinks that this sagging hulk of an old guy is dried up enough......so we purchased a bottle of semi-dry white.....a Chardonel. It was crisp and very enjoyable with the various nibbling tidbits that were passed around the table. Most of the group are there every Sunday afternoon, but we have just not been around town for several Sunday afternoons in a row.......and consequently, we have missed out on the great times that they have been enjoying. Oh well............we all have our own schedules and ours have certainly been very, very full and active for several weeks in a row.

For the past few months I have missed several important cell phone calls on my phone.......the ringer system just shut down. Sooooo, hahhaa....the only way I could get a call was if the VIBRATOR would notify me while in my pocket!!!! HAHAHA. Needless to say, this has been MOST interesting!!!!! One never knows just when my pocket is going to start jerking around.......in public or wherever!!!! Yep.......you can just visualize that one, can't you??? Well, some have not had to visualize it as they have been the "lucky ones" that have seen it occur......and my reaction to this wonderful little thing in my pocket!

Soooo, this evening I got on Ebay and ordered a replacement phone. I HAVE to have the same phone model or I will not be able to access the internet on my phone. Verizon is no longer allowing this to happen without paying a large monthly fee. Sooooo, as long as I can replace my original cell phone with the same model, I WILL do it!!!!

And so.......our day has started to end. The 1st Lady is stretched out on the sofa in the media room......still feeling the "buzz" of her wine consumption this afternoon. HAHA...usually it is this old guy who has that problem.......so, it is good to see her in that kind of condition!!!! (heehee).

That just makes the day even better.......which, of course, only assures that......

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: