Sunday, September 23, 2007

Summer will not relent......even though it is Autumn

THIS was a very hot and fairly humid day here in southeast Missouri....almost Misery again. As this had been predicted, I was up at 7am and by 7:15....after a cup of wonderful French Roast coffee.....I was in the drive and washing the truck. It was completely wet from the humidity and dew factor.....and so the initial bath of water was barely necessary. But.....by the time the sun reached the drive....I was finished with the exception of the window and the interior. That was put off until this afternoon.......

Returning to my coffee cup and more steaming coffee.......I returned to the a/c in the stick and brick and watched the remaining talking heads shows. The morning went by rather quickly.....I know not why? I did some laundry.....to get ready to leave this week.......and assuming that the 1st Lady would return this afternoon from her visit with her mother.

The day continued to fly by......OH....I did watch the DVD "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". Why...you may ask????? Oh yeah...I saw it years ago, but it didn't last in my memory over those years.....and.................. The final scene was filmed at Petra, Jordan.....where the 1st Lady and I will be visiting in a couple of months. It shows the Siq......the very, very narrow canyon that must be used to enter the "lost and forgotten" town of Petra, along with one of the carved out buildings.....carved from the sandstone cliffs there. Sooooo, it was cool to watch this movie and see where we will be in about 8 weeks.

Then by late afternoon, when the sun dropped behind the trees in the rear of our home, I returned to the outside.....it was still 90 degrees at 5pm.....and finished mowing the yard. Also, took care of the windows and the interior of the truck. Then.......

At seven....until 9:30pm this evening I was MESMERIZED for 2.5 hours watching Ken Burns' film 'THE WAR"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!! If you didn't watch this first installment this evening, then you really don't know what a TERRIFIC film this is!!!!!!! It continues tomorrow night....and lasts most of this week...........the filming, the editing, the story line.....ALL is true and real.......the films are newsreels and the story is told at times by men who were there. The music incredible........so fitting and so well done......written by Wynton Marsalis. There is NO age that would not be caught up in this film.......but the older you are, the more you might enjoy it. My father served in the Army and was in the European Theater for the latter part of the war, including his participation in the Battle of the Bulge. If you missed it..........perhaps the 1st installment will be shown again....but, nevertheless..........catch tomorrow night's segment!!!

I had planned tonight to continue the Chapters of My Life......but after watching "THE WAR"......my mind is not up to writing about my inconsequential Life....at least not tonight. I also owe my good friend, Mike Goldsmith, a guest article for his blog......one about travel. Why should that be soooo difficult for me? Not sure it is, but have just been delaying...........have I caught that procrastinating habit from him???? Hmmmmm......not sure, but sure hope not....haha!!

Another busy day tomorrow.......I must get most of TheHowserHouse loaded during the day so we can be ready to depart on Tuesday for the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club rally........it will be soooo muchh fun to gather again with our other RVing friends who all have Cedar Creek rv's.

And sooooooo, another day of this Chapter of my Life goes by.....hmmmm, wonder what chapter number this is???? Oh well.....it doesn't matter.....but what does matter is that.....

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: