Thursday, September 13, 2007

Another great day......just a bit warmer!

Yep........another great weather day for September. We left a bit before 8 this morning to go spend the morning and early afternoon with Mike. Afterwards we spent a couple of hours in Cape....I had called Lenscrafters and found out that my glasses were in the store, so that was our first stop. Well..........here we go again! The bifocal part for reading AND me using this wonderful tool of communication to the world.......it was not actually blurry, but just not sharp and clear. I had to really work at reading anything they gave me to read. Soooo, off they went back to the Lab.....and ANOTHER WEEK of waiting. Hell.......why should I be upset??? It has only been since July 17th that I have been trying to get some glasses........to replace the ones that I have used since 2001!!!!
Next week?????? I can only hope!

We had an early light supper with the "You pick two" at ...........can you guess????? Of course you can.....it was Panera Bread/St Louis Bread.....the name changes depending upon your geographical placement. Another great little supper for such a great price.......and it is pretty healthy food.

This evening......well, my TIVO had a message for me.....that it has not been able to download the new programming since the last day of August!!!! Tomorrow....it runs out. Sooo, I had to try to remember, even with the instruction book on my lap...just how to change the hookup phone number. Got it hooked up to a phone number but not here in F'town.......it just wouldn't go through to the local one, so I had to reset it to an adjoining community. We'll see........Waiting now to see if it has downloaded the correct shows on the channel numbers we get here. THAT could be a BIG problem if it hasn't done that. If did ask me if we were in the same Zip Code area and I replied to this strange non-voice inside my plasma that we had not moved. I really don't like having a non-verbal discussion with my tellie!!!!!

It might be for the best.........I more than likely would have had my BP boiling over by listening to The Decider's speech!!!! What a damnable mess that "worst president in a century" has got us into...........all by "misleading" us into believing the WMD shit. I sometimes feel like I am living in some type of a novel or film ........fiction, of course!

Tomorrow we are going to STL with the prime purpose to take the granddaughters to see the St. Louis Balloon Festival " balloon glow" tomorrow evening. Hmmmm, that wasn't a very good sentence.......still wallowing about The Decider in my mind as I type this. The last time we went to the Glow.....there were thousands there, so hope we can get a place to park in or near Forest Park where the Festival is being held this weekend. This will make me only wish that we were still going to attend the one in Albuquerque next month!!!!!!!!

No continuance of my Life tonight. I hope I didn't digress toooo much last night into the dark valley of our Lives in 1974. I mentioned that Time helps to heal.......but, I didn't mention that the death of a child is something that one never ever recovers from completely...........never.

And so.....our day ends......my Tivo is still programming and talking to me......and I keep seeing The Decider looking at me..........DAMN!!!! But.....nevertheless, it has been a good day.....and,

Life IS Great.......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: