Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Let the good times roll.........and they are!!

Under a gray, cloudy sky, the 1st Lady and I pulled out of our driveway at 8:25........and before we could pull TheHowserHouse out of the drive, I slowly, but surely, knocked down the mailbox of our neighbor across the street!!!!!! WOW.....bet he will be pissed........I SURE was at myself!!!!! Sooo, I backed up the few feet and got out and sat his mailbox back on the post and balanced it carefully, hoping it wouldn't fall off again.......and I'm certain it came off in the mailman's hand as he opened it up to insert the mail!!! Now THAT would have been fun to watch!

But, onward to the highway and we were rolling up US 67 by 8:35. We made a 30 minute stop for lunch at 11:30 this morning, and then back on the road and we arrived at the Big Red Barn RV Park at Carthage around 2pm..........and, of COURSE........it was raining buckets at that time.

After checking in........we were told our site would have to be changed because the RV that was to leave this morning out of our site, decided to extend another night, sooooooooooo we were assigned to the handicapped site(for mental disabilities, I'm sure)..........and when I drove around the corner to it, it was just on the side of the street with no width whatsoever!!!! Had we opened our slides, they would have extended out into the entrance street the entire depth of the slides. Wellllllll......needless to say, I got out, walked back to the office with tons of rain drenching my sagging hulk, and upon entering the office, my mental disabilities began to show themselves as my blood pressure shot off the charts.

The young lady working there and I had a very extended discussion/confrontation about her not having another space for tonight.......and I asked just "why didn't she tell the guy who wanted to extend that HE would have to take the site by the side of the street since he had not reserved any site for tonight?" And.....the discussion became more heated and she finally said we could have another site that was supposed to be closed..........and I insisted that we receive a site along with most of the other Cedar Creeks that would be here for the rally. More discussion............more blood pressure problems! And, she finally said we could move again in the morning when this one rv ......not where we were supposed to have been tonight......is to leave., and then she told me to leave the office. WHAT a great way to begin the week: knocking over my good friend's mailbox and then being told I would have to park on the side of the entrance street for FIVE NIGHTS!!!!! Hmmmmm.........

AHHHHHH, sanity does prevail here, as it wasn't any time at all before the other Creeker friends began to exit from their Creeks as the rains began to go away. And then the fun times began............

We all met at the rally "barn" for drinks and discussions about the ensuing week, going over plans .......hahahha.....as the plans all seemed to be about......EATING!!! Doesn't that sound familiar?????? Think all we do is eat......or so it seems! And then.......guess what????? It was time to GO EAT!!

Six couples of us went to the Lucky J Restaurant a few miles from the RV Park.......really unique place as not only do they have incredible food, but you can sit there and watch the "cowboys" practice steer/calf roping right through the window, which looks out into a enclose arena! A great idea!!!!

I ordered a pork tenderloin sandwich with onion rings..........and I have never...EVER....seen such a HUGE tenderloin in my entire 64 years of Life!!!!! It was at least an inch....or more....thick and it took up at least one-half of a regular dinner plate........and OMG, was it ever good. The 1st Lady had also ordered the same thing........and we could have easily shared just one, and still have had more than enough for a third person to share. The two plates of this thick, heavy, beautifully crusted tenderloin and two drinks were only $16 and change............FANTASTIC!!!!

Back to the RV Park.......and now we are comfortably "at home" in TheHowserHouse......with extended bellies! Those of you who weren't here this evening.........well, you really missed a great evening of food and fun! However, even without you guys.......as always,

LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!!...... And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!

No comments: