Monday, June 19, 2006

A WORK day at our stick and brick!!

French Roast on the patio this morning accompanied some of the fabulous Sunday morning coffee cake which for some strange reason was NOT consumed yesterday. Well.....it exists no more!

After making several phone calls, I realized that I was setting up my schedule for this week.......and did I really want to do that???? HELL NO!!!! THAT is why I retired......to not have a schedule that would/did run my Life for 30 years. Soooo, what do I do???? I thought about it for awhile.......and then placed the final call to complete (I hope) my weeks appointments and meetings.

Another cup of coffee, a work planning discussion with the 1st Lady.....and then I changed into my work clothes and drug out the power washer.....and after messing with all of the cords and connections, I had it running. And then.......the rest of the day was spent in removing the dirt, dead bugs, and mold on the siding on the top half and the brick facade on the bottom half. WOW......that brick was DIRTY!!!!!

It was only recently that we had ALL the shrubs/bushes on two sides of our house pulled out with chain and truck......and all of the dirt and mold inbedded in the textured bricks HAD to be cleaned up!!! Sooooo, it took the rest of the day for only the north side of the house and part of the east side......the LONG side of our ranch style stick and brick. Guess what is on top for the rest of the week.......when not keeping my appointments?????? Yep......WORK!!!

The 1st Lady spent most of the day priming the walls in the living room so that we can paint them.....perhaps this week. We have a small container of sample paint that we had formulated for us at Sherwin-Williams based on a computer print-out from a picture we liked........and now we are not quite certain that this color is the exact one we want. We are trying to get a warm, flat Terra Cotta/burnt orange shade of paint.......but it is not as easy to find as you might think. Too many are toooo bright, too wild......and then others are toooooo dark with tones of brown that account for the darker orange color. Sooooo, with 2 ft. square patches of paint on our walls......we are studying them in the various lights of the day/evening with our new huge window that was installed while we were in Florida.

Soooo,....we are both tired....and I am sore from just standing in one place working that power washer on the small areas to remove all of that grime!!! I grilled some burgers, the 1st Lady made a wonderful spinach salad, I grilled some corn-on-the cob, and we had a couple of beers as we enjoyed a good meal.....and as our bodies screamed loudly at us for mistreating them sooooooo badly today!!

My Dr. finally called this afternoon.....and the colonoscopy from last week came out ok. However, the problem which sent me to the Dr. before I left for Florida is still bothering me about once a week.......and so, the Dr. is going to set up an appointment with a Urologist in Festus.....south of STL. Soooo, may not get away by the end of July to make that trout fishing trip out west. Will just have to see when the Dr.'s appointment ( ANOTHER appt.) is scheduled.

But.....not matter how tired I am tonight....or how full my schedule is....or that I have more testing to do on my sagging body......

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!

No comments: