Tuesday, June 06, 2006

AT LAST: Monday and Tuesday's ramblin's!!!!!!!

WOW…..the time goes sooooooo fast that I didn’t even have time to write publish my rambling’s last night!!!! THIS is scary!!! WHAT is happening to my ever-shortening Life???? WHEN will it end…..at this rate it will be ever so quickly.

Yesterday…..hmmmm, with my aging mind I’m not certain I can even reconstruct the events of yesterday. As usual, my morning began with several cups of Fr. Roast coffee on the patio under the awning of TheHowserHouse……..situated here in Navarre Beach, Florida. There was a wonderful breeze yesterday from the north……and it was deliciously cool under the tall pine trees here at Navarre Beach Campground. LOVE IT!!!!

The granddaughters played around the rv…..and then they went to the pool with Dr. Jeni for some great pool time yesterday morning. They said they were almost the only ones there………since it was Monday, many of the RVers staying here for the weekend departed before the mandatory noon check-out. I always enjoy Mondays in a campground for that very reason……..a quiet morning with lots of open sites. There are many tall pines here in the park, and the park is surrounded by densely wooded land on both sides. Lots of birds, LOTS of bird calls during the evenings and mornings, and more than enough squirrels to satisfy any squirrel lover.

During the afternoon Dr. Jeni, Meghan and Rachel,and myself went over to Santa Rosa Island to the beach……..just a great place yesterday as there were sooooooo few there. We all had a fun time and stayed about three hours. The 1st Lady stayed at TheHowserHouse with Ava, who is suffering with very sore gums…..she is trying to cut some more teeth and it is really bothering her. Seems she has also developed a cold and cough…….probably related to the teeth problems.
Grilled some more burgers and hot dogs last night. Tastes soooooooo good over realy charcoal, instead of propane. It is well worth the trouble to pack the BBQ grill and charcoal in the basement!!

TODAY….TUESDAY:

Another gorgeous day,…..last night was in the middle 60’s with a gentle breeze all night long. Today…….well….NO humidity to feel, and the temp only reached 81 with that same wonderful breeze blowing through the trees.

Of course, the Fr Roast coffee was even better in this atmosphere this morning!!!! Walked around the Park with the 1st Lady, chatting with a few people where are camped here. Have met many “full timers”…..more than I had imagined might be here. Then we all went to the beach around noon……..WOW, what a great weather day at the beach!!!!! This day was the best one yet!!! We were there about three hours before we packed up and came back to the RV Park.
Dr. Jeni and the girls went to the pool for another couple of hours, while the 1st Lady sat with Ava in the RV. Later on I went over to tell Dr. Jeni something and this gentleman came up to me in the pool and asked if I was “John Howser”? And.,…being as I had taken a cup of coffee with me to the pool, he then asked “is that Fr. Roast coffee”? WELL….sure my mouth dropped open completely, and then I quickly realized that he was one of the readers of this little bit of ramblin’ that I do each evening!!!!!! AND, he was and is a daily reader!!!!!!

We chatted for about 15 minutes……..as he recalled discussions that I had written about on this little blog. Seems he has been reading this since last summer when the 1st Lady and I spent the summer in Wyoming!!!! This was a cool experience to have the opportunity to meet and talk with one of the many, many readers of TheHowserHouse!!!!!

Tonight we drove over to Ft. Walton Beach and had dinner overlooking the Gulf of Mexico in an open restaurant which allowed the sea breeze to blow through the area where we seated……a beautiful evening with some of the largest shrimp…from the Gulf…that I have eaten in YEARS!!!!! Incredibly delicious…….without a lot of old thick batter coated on them………fixed just perfectly!!!!

We then drove on over to Destin to make a “quick” trip to WalMart for some baby supplies. This was undoubtedly the largest WM that I have ever shopped in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took forever to locate the items I needed, and then, OF COURSE, they did NOT have enough checkers at the exit, so I stood in line for 15 minutes awaiting my turn to shell out my hard earned retirement income!!!

After a quick 24 miles trip back the girls are now ready for bed in TheHowserHouse…..and Ava, thank goodness for her, is resting comfortably!!!!! Tomorrow appears to be another great weather day from the forecast……sooo, sure we will be off to the beach again for a few hours.
I will post some beach pics following this two day report,……of course, most of them are of the Meghan, Rachel, and Ava……..after all, it is their first trip to the beach that they are able to remember.

As so……..as always,

Life is GREAT……..and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: