Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ahhhh.....the storms left us with cooler temps!!!!

Yesterday and today......well, they have been Missouri Misery!! But, this evening strong storms rolled throught this area and along with high winds and rain, cooler temps blew into F'town and ohhhhh, but does it feel sooooo much better!!! The weekend forecast is for GREAT weather.....but, we shall see. I have to be shown......being from Missouri.

Yesterday we were in STL........and have ALMOST made a decision on our new kitchen cabinets. Think we have the style selected, however, there is a bit of heated discussion as to the type of wood and stain on that wood. Compromise???? Well, it is difficult to do as we are both very headstrong and hard-headed.........perhaps a bit of time???? We'll see.....

Spent the evening in "discussion" and we keep looking at the sample door front with the color of stain that the 1st Lady would like to have..........

Today, I thought I would be headed back to STL for an appointment, however, the appt. was canceled and I didn't go up there. Sooo, we fell back onto Plan B......working on the living room walls. We have two new walls from the remodeling project that are drywalled, but the other walls are textured with the sand in the paint and we HATE that look. Soooo, I took an electric sander and began sanding one of the walls...... WELL......I worked for almost two hours on a little area about 8x3 feet......and it is still terribly rough!!!!

I am open to anyone who has taken off this textured sand/paint of their walls......I need your suggestions. Checked online, but most helpful hints simply say that you must just replace the entire drywalled area with that god-awful paint on it. THAT is not an option.....we are way over budget already, sooooooo........HELP!!!!

The 1st Lady and I took turns on this small section of the wall.......and both of us became so damn frustrated that we just vaccumed the dust off the walls and floor and put the sander away!!! Perhaps we will get some inspiration somehow.....................??

With the storm rolling through, we just decided to have a large salad for the evening meal......with my dark red medicine to assist in washing the salad down. Turned out to be a GREAT salad......and that's what I like about salads......they are never the same way twice. Especially when the dressing is "home made" as it almost always is in TheHowserHouse!

Tomorrow......yep, it is back to the city and then across the Mighty Mississippi to go over to the eastern STL suburbs. The time has arrived for the "Bachelor Party" of the former student of mine who is now the Asst. H.S. Band Director at Edwardsville, IL. And.....since this sagging hulk of a retired band director is going to be his Best Man in the wedding in three weeks, I need to party hardy tomorrow evening, along with the groom and other friends and relatives. Should be enjoyable!!!!!

I plan to overnight with him at his and Laura's new home. I have my canceled appointment rescheduled for Saturday afternoon, so will return to the city for the afternoon appt. and then perhaps a bit of furniture shopping????!!!!!

You know......I DETEST summer tv programs....IF that is what you call THEM!!!!! They all seem to be a waste of time.....nothing of any redeemable value that I can find. So, I find myself with the plasma turned on to HGTV. And guess what........THAT is NOT a good idea, because I then get these ideas that I can't afford and I want to hire a landscaper, designer, and all of these other "pros" to take care of the things I would like cahnged.

But......even though I can't have all of these things that HGTV tempts me with........

Life IS Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: