Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Multi-tasking Day...

The alarm went off at 6:30 this morning......UGH!!!! But, I had two piano students this morning at 8:30-9:30, so I had to get the Fr. Roast coffee going and enjoy a bit of quiet on the patio. And, it WAS quiet this morning........great time to think out the plans for the remainder of the day.

After the two lessons......and they are ALWAYS prepared well......I headed to Supermart to pick up some more sanding paper for my electric sander. Did some asking and purchased a different kind which was supposed to last up to 3 times longer and get the job done quicker. Sooooo.....back home I went to try this out.

This morning....well, I did a really good job of putting plastic on the floors, around the large open doorways, and preparing the room to accept the mess and dust that would soon follow. Then.....I changed into my working attire and climbed the ladder and away I went with the sander.........lots of noise and lots of fine gritty dust flying everywhere. Yep.....the different sanding paper was MUCH better!!!!!

By early afternoon I had the one wall completely finished!!!! HOORAY!!! So,.....it was time for a bit of rest. With a bottle of cold water, the 1st Lady and I decided it was time to make a decision on the bedroom furniture we had seen yesterday in STL......and as the 18% off sale ended this evening.....it WAS time to decide. After some discussion concerning the rather high cost, even with the large discount sale, we decided to call and make the purchase!!! HOORAY......another remodeling item completed, even though it will take 6-8 weeks before it arrives.........so what else is new?? It is a nice set, contemporary but with some classic overtones to a couple of the pieces. We are getting the Java stain on the wood......a very, very dark rich brown......which is the quite style in furniture at this point in time, and it does enhance and compliment the dark brown vanity we had custom made for our new bathroom. The down side???? The cost!!!!!! Even with the sale, this HAS to last us for the rest of our lives.......hahahhaa!!!! That might not be tooooooo long.....(advancing age, you know).

Then it was time to get the lawn mowed. And, a bit over two hours later, the task was completed. Did I mention what a beautiful day this was????? Well, it WAS.....no humidity and temps in the 70's........just GREAT!!! So....the lawn job was enjoyable....and GREAT exercise!!!

Then with the 1st Lady going to Farmington to meet her lady friends for dinner.....a monthly ritual......I had enlisted assistance to move a large window a/c, that we were no longer using, and put it into the back of my truck. We are going over to the Lake of the Ozarks on Thursday to visit for a day and evening with my 93 year old mother. Her window a/c is dying a very natural death.....OLD AGE ....the a/c I'm talking about!!!! So.......she needs one....I have one.....and this works out perfectly. My three friends arrived right on time....and in less than 5 minutes, the a/c was successfully put into my truck bed. Then it was a quick tour through the finished portion of our remodeled house........and a quick meeting with the young man who built our vanity and is now going to construct for us a vanity mirror and cabinet for the new bathroom.

When that meeting was finished.....it was time for a quick bite to eat.....nothing special...just a small sandwich. And.....guess what.....it was time to sit back and enjoy the evening. Spent some time on the patio watching my tomatoes grow.....and then inside and a bit of tellie.

Sooooo, it was a day of doing many things........and all of these helped me to realize that.....

Life is Great.....and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: