Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday in the sand......

After coffee on the patio admiring the different kinds of flowers that all seem to be blooming right now, and the "higher than my waist" tomato plants that I have in pots on my patio with almost 100 blooms.......it was time to get to work.....UGH!!!

And the title above is correct. Yep........with bundles of sandpaper that fits my little electric sander, I was soon on my knees and sanding one of the two walls in the living room that has the "textured" paint (sand was added and now hangs in globs on my walls)!!!! DAMN.....but it is difficult to remove.....it seems like I remain in one square foot of wall almost forEVER before it reaches the stage of just a bit of roughage on the wall. It may take the entire week just to get this textured paint off of the two walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, of course, tonight my shoulders and arms and my back are cursing me loudly for mistreating them sooooooooo harshly today.

After many hours of light green paint and sand flying everywhere, the living room and adjoining hallway was covered in this light green dust.....UGH!!!! The cleanup took almost 30 minutes and now tomorrow I have to have a go at it again...... The BIG wall has not even been touched, so...........physical exhaustion sets in just thinking about all of this work left to do.

By late afternoon, I was getting the charcoal lit and going.......tonight it was a simple little meal: beer soaked brats from the grill, a delicious spinach salad, cooked carrots....and peas, and a bottle or two of beer. Ummmmm......love brats!!!!!

Soooo, the evening has disappeared quickly and those over-used muscles in my over-used body (YOU decide how it has been over-used!!) are still cursing me. Soooo, a cup of hot tea, a small chocolate brownie, and a good book will end the day for me. And...even with the shouting muscles.....

Life is Great......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!

No comments: