Saturday, June 24, 2006

A two day jaunt and a night of "partying".....

Yesterday, Friday......I had three students for private music instruction.....their first time with me in over a month. WOW......the amount of practice that has occurred since last month is truly astounding!!! I was sooo proud of them.....and it started my day off in a very postive way.

Around noon, I packed a bag and headed up to the Collinsville/Glen Carbon area of Illinois.....just east of STL. Arrived mid-afternoon and visited for awhile with the July 15th "bride-to-be" at the couple's new home.......a really nice little beginner home for the beginning of their Life together which officially begins on July 15th!! Are they ready???? YEP......after much discussion I believe they have it all under control.......UNTIL the final days when there is ALWAYS something that occurs that seems to put a kink in everyone's wedding plans, no mater how well laid out the plans are!

THEN.....the "Bachelor Party" which had begun at 11 yesterday morning with a round of golf.....well, it began in earnest at the home of one of the groomsmen. A cooling off period was held in their fabulous pool setting in the wonderfully landscaped back yard of their home. A few drinks assisted everyone in cooling down and getting relaxed for the evening-to-come.

From there, we were off to the Collinsville Holiday Inn and another round (or two or three) of drinks in the Lounge of Porter's Steakhouse there in the INN. By the way.....if you are EVER in the Collinsville, IL area.......make a point of dining at this steakhouse!!!!! IT IS A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Be sure to realize that this high quality comes with a high price tag). We had a Porter's sandwich there in the Lounge prior to setting out for the Fairmount Park.........one of the local horse racing facilities in the area.

Arriving there it was up to the Party Floor where a live band was performing, a food buffet was there to enjoy, and the drinks flow like a Missouri rainstorm......one of those gully-washers. Having never been to the track in ......well, I'd rather not say how long it has been.....I enjoyed immensely the atmosphere, the races, and the partying that goes with this particular scene. The "party gang of ours" then took the party to the "next level" by going upstairs to the lounge where the "big heavy betters" spend their time during the races. It is a great bar with all of the amenties.....and thanks to the manager of the Fairmount Park racetrack, we all enjoyed more drinks "on the house".

Later, we went back to the "party level" and remained there washing our cares away until the bar closed down. AH.....where to go next???? Well, to one of the local watering holes in the area where we remained making CERTAIN that the groom to be was well watered down before we decided to get him home for what remained of the night.......it was about 3AM when we got this poor drunk young man back to his home!! A planned trip to one of the local "clubs"....i.e. The Hustler Club.....was to have been the highlight of the late night party, but those of us with a bit of a mind left decided we needed to call it a night as the groom was reaching his limit.....quickly!! It was a GREAT evening/night......and one I will remember, EVEN IF the groom doesn't remember it.....hahahaha!!!!!

And....it WAS a short night!!! By the time I decided to let my aging body recline in a horizontal position, it wasn't long after that before I realized the sun was lighting up the sky of Illinois. As I had many "to do's" to complete in STL, I made my "adieu to the groom" as he attempted to raise his head off the pillow to bid me farewell......a difficult task for him to accomplish this morning.

I headed for the local "Waffle House".....a chain that we oftentimes frequent as we do like their waffles!!!! HOWEVER, do not, under any circumstance, eat at the one in Collinsville!!!! It was terrible, the service was horrible(my coffee cup was NEVER refilled), and the food was either burnt or undercooked........and the restroom was FILTHY!!!!! DAMN!!!! What a hell of way to begin a hung-over day!!!!

Then it was a quick 15 minute run to the western side of the Mississippi River and out to the shopping areas of the city. Never accomplished much.....but did do some looking and made plans to return. The 1st Lady called several times during the morning to check on my progress and then we met at 2:30pm in Bonne Terre for a visit with Michael.

Sooo, now that I am at home in the stick and brick.......my eyes are hanging down to my jawline.....my body is yelling at me to lay down and let it rest.....and I still have some things to do!!! Oh well.....there is always tomorrow. And as always..........and even after a raucous night of partying (like a much younger man that I'm NOT).....

Life IS GREAT!!!! And....I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: