Wednesday, June 07, 2006

ANOTHER day at the beach......what a Life!!!!

Hmmmm……let me see…….just what did we do today that we haven’t done each day this week????? Coffee on the patio, a 30 minute exercise walk around the Park, and then a bit of lounging as I drank a bit more of my Fr. Roast. Then……oh yeah….I hopped in the truck and went up the road, east, to a veggie and fuit market on the side of the highway. Well……..a bit disappointed I was after looking over the offerings!!!! I bought three tomatoes and a small box of freshly picked blue berries……ok!!! BUT……the rest of what they had to sell was a little bit “no so fresh” looking. I asked when they received their shipments from south Florida and the girl told me to come back on Friday. Well……..perhaps!

I then filled up the truck with diesel…….2.89.9 per gallon. However, I am still averaging 11.7 miles per gallon…even while driving around the area here since last Friday. I filled up last in Hattiesburg last Thursday evening.

Then the 1st Lady said she would remain at TheHowserHouse with Ava…..who is, thankfully, feeling somewhat better today. So….Dr. Jeni, Meghan, Rachel, and myself went out to the beach for about four hours. The water was GREAT………EXCEPT that there was some little stinging creatures that attached everyone. NOT jelly fish, but something sooooo small you barely see anything at all.

I decided I wasn’t getting any Florida tan with my SPF 30(or whatever the hell letters for sunscreen), so I changed today to 15. Welll…….now my face is a bit on the reddish side, to say the least. Oh well……..can’t win them all!!!

I took the two girls walking down the edge of the beach, and we collected a bucket of sea shells each on the hour’s walk down and back to “our area”. Nothing spectacular, but it was great fun for them!!!!!!

This evening we all went over to Ft. Walton Beach and had dinner at another seafood tradition in the area: “Staff’s”. Sounds rather like something you do NOT want to catch……in a hospital. But the food was good, the shrimp were wonderful and plentiful, and it was a one price meal which included dessert and was all served “family style”. Soooo, we got out of there for $3.00 less than a hundred dollar bill. Good food, LOTS of food, and good prices, too. Now…..the service left a bit to be desired, but the food made up for the lack of quality in the service dept.
After a quick stop for some morning milk, it was back to Navarre Beach RV Park and by the time we returned Ava was fast asleep in her car seat, so now TheHowserHouse is quiet and winding down…..even at this early hour.

Not certain if I have any pics I haven’ posted yet…..perhaps one or two from dinner tonight. Soooo, check them out….if you want!

As always……

Life is GREAT……and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: