Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tue/Wed, May 25-26, 2010: Unexpected misery for this sagging hulk.....

Yesterday.........For the past couple of days I had been having brief bouts with my teeth on the left side of my face.....they would start aching....no specific tooth, and it would become really painful. I began using Ambesol, swishing with Hydrogen Peroxide for infection, taking some pain killers and then within an hour, it would disappear. Yesterday during the late afternoon it began again and just became worse and worse......which meant that I had to just slow down and do nothing.

I had met Michael and Melissa Goldsmith down in the city center for lunch......and, as it always is, we had such a full lunch......full of food and full of much, much talk and discussions over various topics. And, as always......we just don't have enought time to ever finish a topic before we have evolved into another topic.

I made it to the Libaray from there....and went back to the sticknbrick to began the task of selecting the clothes that I wanted to take with me.......not...NOT an easy task when the weather up in Canada is much cooler and wetter. But........I finally made some decisions and got my suitcase packed, minus the few things I needed for the remainder of the day and for today.

By that time.....my teeth were giving me fits!!!! Sooooo, I didn't eat an evening meal...(didn't need it anyway after the big lunch).....and then got my pillow and laying on the sofa, I watched the evening's tv programs: Dancing With The Stars, American Idol, and Glee......the best evening on weekly television!

Taking some pain killers, Ambesol, and headed to bed.........

TODAY: WOW.....I thought when I woke up that my pain was gone........WRONG!!! That was at 6AM....by 6:30, my teeth were aching again. At 7 this morning, I was up and getting some Excedrin, and Ambesol.....and by 8am, I was on the phone to the local dentist, whose offices don't open until 9. But....I left a message.

Took care of the morning rituals quickly and at 9 was on the phone.....and Luck was with me....they had an opening at 3pm today. Sooooo, I finished doing what was needed for the two week trip, and did some reading online, with my teeth/tooth aching, coming in waves of pain and then receding. Obviously, I didn't eat and just sipped one cup of coffee.........

At 3pm.....I was already in the waiting room, filling out the necessary paperwork.....WHY does this have to be done EVERY time you have to have medical help of some kind???? Then....into the dental dungeon I walked.....sat down in the chair.....and began the process of trying to describe my problem(s). And, for the next hour I endured a mouthful of things for the xrays, the probbing, the digging, the tapping, the knocking, and the gritting of my teeth.....as Dr. Haas attempted to find the problem. And.....to no avail....as the pain would come and disappear.....and the root(no pun intended) of the problem could not be located!!!!!!! He did discover that on that left side of my mouth, in the place where I had a wisdom tooth pulled, decades ago, that a bit of the root of that tooth was still where the tooth had resided.

Sooooo, he decided to go in and pull it....which took about 20 minutes for the shots, pain killers, numbing med.....and then grabbing it and getting it out. But.....the root of my problem???? It has been discovered. And.....as I sat there discussing this with Dr. Haas, the waves of pain returned, even with all of the left side of my mouth completely deadened.......the pain was there in full force.

Soooo, with a prescription called in to WM......I got up and we talked a bit more....and he things it could be the grinding of my teeth together when I don't realize it. He HAD already grinded some of the gritting/rubbing problem teeth down a bit.....sooo, we'll see. And........

I rushed home, loaded our luggage, stopped at WM and having a few grrrrrr words with the pharmacy who told me it would be two hours before I could pick it up.....sooo, a few more words about having to leave for the airport...and in 20 minutes I had my meds...and we are on our way to St Louis. We had taken the time to SET THE ALARMS on the house, lock everything up, etc., etc......all the tasks of leaving for a few days.

Got checked in to the Quality Inn and Suites, which is RIGHT ACROSS from the airport. Only $59.00 for our night here and being able to park here at the hotel for 14 nights which is when we return from Canada. This cut our parking costs to nothing, although the hotel bill had to be paid, but it is about half of what the long term parking lot fee would have been, plus we are shuttled to the airport and back over to the hotel when we return.

Soooooo, LEE is the American Idol!!!!!!! I would have been happy for either one of them, so we are anxious to see how he does with a career!!!

An early wake-up call at 4AM.....and meet our shuttle at a few minutes after 5AM for the 6:45AM flight to Minneapolis....a planned 3 hours layover....and then the flt to Edmonton arriving at 1:45pm tomorrow afternoon.

Sooooo, the next time I will post will be from Canada.....tomorrow evening I plan to write!! And....as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Larry and Cindy said...

Check with your Doctor, I had a friend who had the same problems and it turned out to be a heart problems and needed a bypass. His doctor told him this is a symptom that is not known for heart problems by the public. Especially if the pain is in your Jaw..

Larry