Wednesday, May 05, 2010

TUES/WED, May 4/5, 2010: Hmmmm......disappearing days???!!!!

Yesterday????? I wish I knew!!!!! It came and went in a flash.....took care of some things that were needing my attention here at the sticknbrick.......and then it was gone......GONE!!!!!! (well, the day, not the sticknbrick!) Why....oh, why...are these days going by sooooo quickly?????? Who has the answer, readers????? Your thoughts?????? And, I know that at this evolving age, we all feel much the same.......our lives slipping by us "in a flash"!

Today.....OK, this one I can answer to...........I spent most of the day in the yard, mowing the lawn, detailing it with the weed eater, blowing the driveway, sidewalks, patio clean with my new and unused leaf blower that I received for Christmas. But....it was sooooooo damn hot in the sun that I found myself taking more "time outs" than usual......very little breeze was coming across our lawn.....and so, the water bottle and I had an appt to spend quite a bit of time together as I pushed the power mower up and down in STRAIGHT rows all across our rather large lawn. It took me all of four hours, not including stops for water replenishment.....and by the time I finished, I was....and still am.....exhausted!!!!

Sooooo, the late afternoon hours were spent on the patio, under the umbrella to shade my parched and slightly sunburned sagging hulk of Me from the hot sun. Mid-80's today, but very little humidity....THANK GOD!!!! Otherwise, I would have had to attach some lanterns onto the lawn mower and my head, like a miner, and I would be mowing it right now....disturbing the peace of my neighbors who have not retired.

This evening.......I sat and read on the patio as the sun disappeared behind the few trees that can still block the sun as it sets......since my neighbor to the west and I lost practically all of our trees in THE STORM......almost anniversary time for that....May 8th!!! Peaceful it was......and then it was time to watch American Idol to see who was voted off of the five finalists left. And......I am not particularly pleased with the voting........I still feel "Big" Mike should have gone, but I am only one person out of 32 million votes last night!!

Last night I did watch the results of the Dancing With the Stars show.....and, it was about time for Pamela Anderson to leave, as she did. She is damn top heavy that she can barely stand up on her own.......nothing wrong with that for other reasons.....but just a bit on the heavy side to do the dancing and to get the techniques that are needed for some of those dances!

Tomorrow????? Who the hell knows!!!! And.....it will probably be just like yesterday.......GONE before I know it!!!!!! But......as always......and even with today being Cinco de Mayo and I had several Margaritas and several doses of my dark red medicine.........

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

1 comment:

Hotel California said...

Another day. Another hair. Gone.