Friday, May 14, 2010

Thur/Fri: May 13-14, 2010: Another two days.....

Thurs..yesterday: Hmmmm.......this was not an average day around the sticknbrick....no way!!!! There was one objective for the entire day.........to get things prepared inside and outside as the 1st Lady was to host her sorority for their meeting....at our sticknbrick!

Sooooo, from the very get-go, we each had our to-do and get-done lists.....and for some reason they were not very brief!! Needless to say........the day flew by very quickly as no one had time to look at the clock......to damn many things to do.

I did get a Skype call from Doug and Diane up in Edmonton, Alberta. We chatted for about a half hour, making plans for our trip up there....and discussing what we wanted to see and visit on our way over to British Columbia with them. REALLY looking forward to this trip......WOW, CAN'T WAIT!!!! And, then.....it was back to work!

But.....we beat the clock....and by the time 6:30pm came around......the house was shining in all of it's glory and there were several bottles of wine, many glasses, plates, etc.......as well as two different desserts....all ready and waiting for the members of the sorority. WOW.......the day was quite full!!!

Where did I go???? Well, I had STRICT instructions to remain in the den, door closed, and to not come out while they were in the house. Alas....I got my headphones, my laptop...and for the next two hours plus, I sequestered myself in the den, lost in my music and my reading. And....surprisingly, the evening went by rather quickly.

After they had departed, I then went around gathering up wine glasses, plates, napkins and other items which had not been brought into the kitchen area before they left. In to the dishwasher they went......and into the bed I went!!

TODAY?????? Another busy day was planned........we were to go with Sue and Dave to STL for an evening out with dinner, etc., etc. However, everyone's plans changed.....their daughter was having some problems with her last month of pregnancy, so they dashed up to Chicago this morning to be with her. Dr. Jeni called and said they were all coming down here for the weekend, and the 1st Lady and myself dashed to Cape Girardeau as we received a call that LensCrafters had her glasses ready. As I wanted to discuss my inability to see at a distance, especially when trying to read the LARGE GREEN ROAD SIGNS......I needed to go down there also.

We got away about 1pm........and went straight to LensCrafters. She got hers first, they made some alterations on the fitting of them, and then after I discussed with them the problems I was/am having......I was taken back into the optometrist....and another eye exam was given to me. He changed the prescription....they then told me my glasses would have to be kept there....and sooooo, back I have gone to my old pair. I explained to the staff that I HAD to have them back no later than the 26th, telling them about our trip up to Alberta and British Columbia, flying out on the 27th. Sooooo, hopefully.....I will get the "new" glasses back and they will work for me!!!!(????).

A few quick stops at several other places of businesses.....and we were back in F'town by a bit after 5pm. Dr. Jeni called and said they would be there by 6pm.....well, we knew better than that!!!!

A bit before 8pm, she called and told us to go ahead and get a table at a restaurant.....and we did that. They met us in the city center......and we had dinner......all fried food and not the best catfish.......just wasn't fried well and I think the grease was a bit old. Had a strange flavor to it.....and not the usual light taste that it usually has.

Returning home a bit after 9pm.....the three kids enjoyed the run of the house....literally! No great accidents occurred.....and by a bit after 10, they were all in bed. Not asleep, but in bed.

A busy two days this has been..........whew!!!!! The storms have been rolling in and by and pounding us during the past two days and nights....and will continue for the next two days. Sure am damned tired of all of these spring storms!!!!

Sooooo, with the house becoming rather quiet....I am going to close this little catch-up post and slip into bed. Morning will soon be here...and then the chatter and clatter will begin once again. We have a sorority social event to attend tomorrow afternoon.....and then on Sunday the 1st Lady will return to her Mom's to take care of some needed items at her house in Monroe City.

And sooooo, these damn days are adding up, or perhaps I should say...they are making my Life shorter and shorter. They just fly by sooooooo quickly........waaayyyy toooooo quick!!! But....as always.....

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: