Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tues/Wed, May 18-19, 2010: Hmmmm.......it has been two days once again......

OK....I have to ramp up my verbalizations on here....I have this blog and I need to do more with it! Have I lost my creative juices....the verbal kind??? Or, have I just become lazy with the lack of many interesting things to discuss on here?? What IS the answer???? I feel like this is becoming stale, perhaps with me....but not you?? Lately I have attempted to stay away from partisan topics, controversial topics, religion, and politics included. And so, that only leave me talking about....god forbid....the weather and my family and the mundane things in my daily Life. And...to me, that is not what I want to do......even if "TheHowserHouse" is the name of this blog.



As I mentioned a few weeks back, I have now passed the 5 year mark for this blog......and I am up to close to 6000 posts.....yes, that is six thousand posts. Obviously, to you long time readers and followers of the Life of this sagging hulk of Me.....many of these posts are pictures. And......as all of you must know by now, because I have soooooo many posts over the 5000 post limit on Blogspot......my Archives have become "locked" and access is denied to anything past the last few posts for each month. A very strange way of doing this, but.....I cannot find a way to get around this..........Still bouncing around the idea of changing to another host site and exporting all of these posts to a new site....but, I will have to have some professional assistance with this as I do NOT want to lose these posts. You see.....I can access them in the Archives, but ONLY by going to my edit page where they are still available...and I can pull up an individual post that way. NOT to my liking to say the very least!!!! Sooooo, the time slips by ( just like my age slips forward).....and nothing changes, except my sagging hulk!!!!!



So!! What the hell took place in the last 48 hours in my Life???? The 1st Lady remains up at her mom's home, but is planning to return tomorrow afternoon/evening.......think she is about ready to remain in our sticknbrick for awhile........(?).



Yesterday, with the forecast of MORE rain to fall......and, with that bright thing in the sky that I was certain was part of the alien transportation of the "V" series.......I decided I needed to haul ass and get my jungle cut down so I could see outside the windows of the sticknbrick. Gulping my Fr. Roast coffee down quickly.......I emerged onto the patio and prepared to tackled the tall, tall grass(it has been two weeks since it was mowed due to the ungodly rains).



Soon, I was enjoying the bright sunshine(guess that is what it is STILL called??).....and I had been mowing for about 45 minutes.....when all of a sudden.....the mower lost it's power, it was running slower and vibrating harshly. Now remember.....I refuse to purchase a riding mower as I NEED.....and I WANT....to get this exercise of 3-4 hours of pushing the mower around our very large lawn. But.....with the grass being jungle-high, it would not through the grass without choking up and dying on me!!!! DAMN.....DAMN....DAMN!!!!!! I was sooooooo damn irritated.



After a number of attempts and many foul words falling off of my lips, I gave up with a loud censored shout.....and put it on the patio so I could curse it every few moments. This damn machine was just being obstinate......it didn't want to work for me!!!! I thought once again of the phrase....."the personification of inanimate objects" ......as it certain applied to this.

AND NOW I AM PISSED!!!!! I have written for 30 minutes and this damn blogspot site lost all of it.....ALL of it!!!! Enough is enough!!!! I am stopping for tonight and will continue in the morning!!!! I can't believe the entire post was LOST...not saved automatically as it always is!!!! DAMN THIS THING!!!!!

UNTIL TOMORROW......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2 comments:

Keith said...

Hang in there John...it won't be long till you will be posting those beautiful pictures from your Canada trip..looking forward to it.

Keith

Larry and Cindy said...

John, There could be a solution to your large blog. You could set up your own website with your own address and have blogspot copy your blog over to that new website. It would take you registering a URL for example www.howserhouse.com and purchase space on a hosting company like Godaddy or anyother hosting company. Then under settings tab set up blogspot for every post it should be sent to your address instead of their address. I did this a few years ago and it works really good and it's pretty easy to set up. Let me know and I could help you with the process if you like.

Larry