Monday, May 03, 2010

MON, May 3, 2010: A yard day.......

OK.....I was awake much, much earlier than I needed to be this morning......damn!!! Perhaps it was my body that was mixed up.....as it was 5 o'clock AM when I woke up....and couldn't go back to sleep after that. Was I 12 hours off????? Did my body think it was "5 o'clock somewhere"....and that it was time to enjoy Life???? Hmmm.........I wonder!



Anyway....laid in bed as quietly as I could and finally at 6:30 I quietly crept out of the bedroom and made the Fr. Roast coffee. From that time until 8:15 I read the online newspapers and did some correspondence.....then I awakened the 1st Lady.....and before long after the morning rituals, my day began.



And.....as I said above, most of the day was spent in the yard.....not mowing, thank heavens, but just weed eating, pulling some weeds out of the herb garden that I have going now......and then some time in the garage putting some things in order. This afternoon, I did make a quick trip to Walmart for some things I needed, as well as stop at the local hardward/lumber place to get some screws.....which I believe are not the right kind, after trying to put them into the allocated places on the rim/edge of the 5er. We'll seeeeee........



I did grill some hot dogs this evening for a quick supper, along with some baked beans which the 1st Lady prepared. Prior to that we had enjoyed a quiet HowserHouse HappyHour....for more than an hour......which was relaxing....and the dark red medicine just really did make me feel better....hmmmm.....



This evening I joined some former students on a conference call to discuss the upcoming reunion of my former students. And, it was good to talk with several of them again!!!!

Yep.....this was one of those days when there is nothing new to discuss, or...to cuss.......just an ordinary day around here. Tomorrow or Wed I will need to mow the grass......as we will leave on Friday/Saturday and not return for several days as we will be going up to Iowa City, IA.

OK....enough of trying to find something to chatter aimlessly about......sooooo, as usual.....

LIFE IS REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: