Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thurs, May 20, 2010: Will it happen again???

Well.....I am not even going to try to reconstruct the very LONG post I wrote last night, which became some type of cyberspace "junk" as it went out and became lost out there in that digital and communicational void.....the place none of us understands what it is, nor where it is!! Sorry to say, I WAS in some type of creative mood last night and I did write quite a bit concerning those past two days spiced with my thoughts and emotions about various topics and issues......soooo, as is all great art, it is impossible to recreate!!

Today.....or, should I say..in the wee hours of this day about 4 or 4:30AM, I was awakened by thunder and the flash of an electrical storm surrounding this tiny town down here in this bowl in which it sits. Soooo, for the next three hours, my sleep was interrupted by these elements of weather, which means......I sure as hell didn't get the sleep I needed and deserved!!! And, all day long I have been suffering with these sleep interferences......my eyelids drooping more than usual and hulk sagging more than usual......ahhhh, I must be the picture of a very tired OLD man awaiting a good sleep(but not the kind from which one never emerges!!!)

I had an appointment with a former student who is majoring in music.....composition and conducting......and, since we had not chatted for several years (I retired before he really got into high school), we met in the city center at the local coffee shop. He and I had a great conversation.....once again, about soooo many topics...i.e. his goals for Life, what he intends to do with the course of study he is pursuing, how he intends to manage to spend the summer in this small town...haha.....and many, many more issues such as his political leanings and his thoughts about a minor in political science. It was a great hour+ with not much time to drink coffee, with all we had to discuss! And....we plan to do this again when I return from Canada the second week of June.

A not-so-quick trip to Walmart was next on my schedule this morning.......and I purchased more than I should have, but don't we all do that each time we go there??? It is as if they take over your mind while inside their building and some small little voice deep inside your head tells you to go down this aisle...or, a different aisle....and before you realize it your shopping cart is full when you arrive at the check-out counter....DAMN!!! But....I had a list, and the 1st Lady had given me her list over the iPhone this morning, and then with the items that that little voice told me put into the cart, my bill was just a wee bit costlier than I anticipated.

Returning home late morning.......I began to clean the sticknbrick as it needed to have carpets vacuumed, the trash removed from inside the house, and some laundry folded.....BEFORE the 1st Lady returned.....and, soooooo....I completed those tasks. She arrived about 4pm......and since then it has been catch-up time with us with several topical discussions necessary to get our points across to each other....haha!!!!

Tomorrow.....we will go see Becky and then to Mike's for the afternoon. THAT will take all day, as we need to run to Sam's, take her glasses back for some adjustments, and a few other items that need to be completed while in Cape Girardeau. Soooo, it will be evening before we return out here to the hills of this part of the state.

The rains are "supposed" to return this evening, but for now, it is only cloudy and getting dark. We really don't need them...but, we are not in control of this so we will take what we get.....right?? And soooooo.......as always.....(except last night at this point in time).....

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: