Friday, May 28, 2010

Thurs/Fri, May 27-28, 2010: Finally rested this evening....

Yesterday(Thurs): We were up sooooo damn early yesterday...4AM, even though we were less than five minutes from the airport, as we had to catch our shuttle to the airport at 5:15. Our flt left on time at 6:45....and we arrived in Minneapolis at 8AM. We had a three hour layover there, as planned, and leaving at 11:30, we arrived in Edmonton, Alberta at 1:30pm Mountain time.

Doug met us....and it was sooooo great to see him. Loading our luggage in his Infinity.....in less than 30 minutes we were at their new condo in Sherwood Park....on the east side of Edmonton. Sooooo great to all be together once again!!!! There was never an ending to any sentence all evening long.

We took a walk around the wonderful area of the town where they live......a theater/playhouse, tons of rec centers with indoor pools, gyms, walking areas, lakes.....just a magnificent place to live!!! Their condo home has a wonderful patio....and their condo is just gorgeous!!!! Dinner was made by Diane.....and we soooo enjoyed our evening together.

By evening.....I seemed to be having a conflict between my one and only pill that I take for being a 67 year old sagging hulk for my indoor plumbing....a conflict with the meds that I had started on Wed afternoon following my aching tooth/teeth problems, along with the root of the wisdom tooth that had NEVER been pulled out......didn't even know it was there. Soooo, last night was a miserable night....all night....for me.

By this morning, I knew that a change had to be made.......so I called back down to my urologist, who wasn't there at his offices in Festus. I did talk to office staff, related my difficulties...literally....and later in the day they returned my call with some advice. Prior to that, I called a local pharmacist.....and he suggested that I quit taking the pain meds for my aching tooth/teeth to try to resolve the conflict in meds. Sooooo, as I had not taken once since last night, I continued to not take the strong pain killer and just used Tylenol/Excedrin. By late afternoon today, things seemed to be a little bit better.

This afternoon we took a drive around the area here on the east side of Edmonton.....drizzles were falling with the temps in the low 40's and a cold north wind. However, we really enjoyed seeing the area, including this gym complex called the Millenium.....full of ice skating/hockey areas, an aquatic area with two pools, hot tubs, lazy rivers, kids area, etc., etc. as well as walking areas indoors and a huge weight machine areas. Just an absolutely huge place..........and sure wish we had a facility this huge and this varied.....WOW!!!!!

This evening we had a great dinner......and then we went to the Relay for Life here in the condo area.....and square danced in an exhibition for the people in the Relay fund raiser......great fun!!!! Returning to their place, we playe some board games.....and planned out tomorrow.....a trip to Edmonton and perhaps to the HUGE mall....the largest in the world!! Should be interesting.....!!!

No pictures today.....weather was poor.....but our friendship just always picks up where we left off, no matter how far the distance nor how many months it has been since we have been together..........such incredible times we have together!!!!!!

And so......as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY INCREDIBLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: