Monday, May 17, 2010

Sun/Mon: May 16/17: 2010: Is there a sun somewhere up there??????

Rain..and rain....and rain....and rain.....and when will it go away???? OMG, but I am really tired of this wet stuff that falls from the sky.....and, I know that many others are feeling the very same way!! Eh????

Yesterday, the rains fell and it was damp outside most of the day. Of course......our house was filled with the laughing and running of the three little ones: Meghan, Ava, and Max. They did leave with Darrel and Dr. Jeni for about three hours to visit some good friends here in the area, but returned in time for me to grill some burgers, hot dogs, and red peppers. After a nap for Max......they left for their home in the Washington, MO area........and the 1st Lady and I then just sort of kicked back for awhile.

We had a quiet evening.....but, it was absolutely wonderful to have this part of our family here for the weekend....totally unplanned it was...and perhaps that is for the best.

Today......the 1st Lady left about 9AM for Monroe City to go give her mom some assistance for a few days. And sooooo, the sticknbrick was REALLY quiet all day long. Rain, again.....returned today off and on.....not the heavy rains we have experienced this weekend, but just rain this morning...and then the drizzles off and on. AND....the temps began to drop late this afternoon.

Hmmm......I'll be damned!!!! There I go talking about the shitty weather again!! Today...well, there isn't much else to discuss.....I did some reading......I cleaned the house......I put all the toys back into the garage and shed......and I ate all the leftovers from yesterday's afternoon BBQ. This eveing.....I watched the best dancing that I have ever seen on Dancing With the Stars......WOW....these non-professional dancers have come sooooooo far in these past few weeks.

We do leave late next week for Edmonton, Alberta......as I have mentioned several times. Excited I am.......but, we have much to do around here before that time comes. #1 is getting the TALL grass cut back....providing it dries. And....that has to be done tomorrow. It will most likely take me all day to do this.....it is sooooooo tall that I will probably have to mow it high and then mow it again to get it back down to where it needs to be.

And soooooo, as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: