Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wed, Oct 28, 2009: Dismal, gloomy, very cloudy.....

Hmmmm........I am not quite sure how I did sooooooo many years of getting my....at that time.....almost sagging hulk of bed at 5am, or earlier every day of the week.....for years and years during my teaching career. WOW......I really must have been younger.....eh???

This morning, the alarm went off at 5am.....and I hurridly dashed through my morning rituals.....dressed, poured a cup of Fr. Roast to take with me, and then poured the rest into my very trusty Stanley green thermos bottle......one that I have had for years and years and years(and it looks that way, too!) I left here a bit before six to keep my appt in Charleston, which ended up taking all morning....and then I returned through Cape, got some diesel fuel for the truck, and returned back to the stick and brick by 1:30pm.

Oh......I am sooooo excited about this: I filled up the truck before I went to the Lake of the Ozarks..180 miles one-way, drove around there a bit, returned to F'town to the stick/brick, drove down 98 miles to Charleston, returned 60 miles to Jackson and got some fuel as it was sitting on a quarter of a tank, so saith the gauge.......and put into the tank only 28.8 gallons of fuel!!!! And...after figuring out the mileage......I got 20.9 miles to the gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT is the best mileage I have ever got on this truck!!!!! I could driven on home without filling up.....WOW....WOW....WOW!!!!!

This afternoon.......I was tired, but continued my task of reaching out to the former students on Facebook......and requesting everyone to help locate and notify other band/choir members. It is a never-ending task, but this week I have located over 30 more former students out across the USA...and I have contacted all of them!

The sun did shine for a brief time late, late this afternoon, however......the National Weather Bureau has issued a Flood Warning for our county for the next two days!!!! 2-4 more inches of rain is predicted to fall upon us.....thank goodness we live up on a hill!!!!

While the sun was out I had a former student whom I have not seen in years and years, but whose parents live down the street one block from us,.....she dropped by the stick/brick and we chatted without a period for almost an hour!!!! It was great to see her.....and since she had heart surgery just a few short weeks ago, she is looking great after going through that ordeal. And...to think...she is only 36 years old!!!! WHEW! But....she said she would be ready to play her flute next summer in the reunion band concert!!!

The 1st Lady is due to return tomorrow.......sometime during the day. Sure she will be happy when she has to drive 225 miles through the predicted rains!!!!!

And soooo, after spending some time this evening chatting online with ANOTHER former student from back in the early '80's........I will close this little post. I apologize for not writing more thoughts of mine other than a daily report of our family's affairs.......no ideas of mine, no statements of philosophy of mine, etc., etc.......just a little ramblin of my day. Hang on....I will get back to some better writing when things slow down a bit for me........did I say "when"????????

And, as always......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!......And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: