Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday, Oct 25, 2009: RAIN...RAIN...and more RAIN!!!

WOW....a bright sunshiny morning quickly disappeared the farther west/northwest that I drove today.....and now.....TONS of rain.....UGH

I was up early.....and soon, after the morning rituals, I was talking with Mac/Gail as they got their motorhome ready to head southwest to Arizona this morning. I threw some items into a bag for my overnight....and about 9:40, drove out of the driveway. Waiting for Mac/Gail to back the motorhome out of the drive, and then she took their car and we all drove out to Walmart for gas....and for them to hook up their car to the motorhome to tow it to AZ.

I had said my "byes"........but, repeated them again to them...and then I left for the Lake of the Ozarks in central Missouri/Misery. A 200 mile jaunt, I had not gone many miles until the rains began to spatter upon the truck.....and for the rest of the trip, it rained......ugh, again!!!

I met with the planning committee for the former students reunion which will be held next summer. We met for almost two hours at a local eatery.....and did get quite a bit accomplished in the way of plans for the event.

Then I went with the chairman, Byron Pittman and his wife, to the Inn at the Grand Glaize to discuss with their Sales Rep. the possibility of holding the reunion there....except the concert. The prices quoted by her were compatible with our desires of trying to keep the costs to a minimal since there will be many families there. We felt good about using this hotel......but, after thinking again this evening, I have some concerns about seating everyone for the Saturday evening dinner activities.....hmmmmm..........

Now sitting at Panera Bread and they are preparing to close for the night so I will bring this little ramblin' post to a close myself. Overnighting with my sister and her husband south of here, I plan to return to the stick/brick sometime tomorrow.........need to do a bit of shopping at the outlet mall before leaving, though.

And so.....even with this horrendous chilly rain here in central Misery......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: