Saturday, October 31, 2009

HALLOWEEN.....2009: Very little internet service at the stick/brick!!!

I haven't gone this long without writing in a LONG time. Excuse??? Well, beginning Wednesday evening, the modem began to go off....and on....and off....and on. This erratic service continued until yesterday morning.....when it went completely off/down!!!!

Wednesday evening I called for assistance with AT&T.....hmmmm. Being walked through certain steps to solve the problem did nothing to help it!!! Soooo, on Thursday morning I called AT&T again....and finally, after going through all of the hoops that I was presented with.....I reached a REAL human being.....AHHHH, success!!!!(?) I was asked which I would prefer....someone to come to the house that afternoon.....or on Friday??? Well......what the hell did they think.....THAT AFTERNOON, of course!!! Soooo, by that time it was after 1pm....and the individual said she had checked and I COULD get a service tech guy at the house before 4pm.

Soooo, anxiously awaiting my re-connection to the world....I waited ......and, I waited.....and, I waited....until 5pm....and then I began the long process of reaching a REAL human being on the AT&T internet service line. Of course.....that FIRST real human being does not exist any more......she just disappeared into the void of cyberspace, never to be talked with again!!! And, so I began the entire process of explaining my problem(s)...now I had TWO...as no one showed up. Well.....this second REAL human being told me my appt. was scheduled for Friday!!!!! Sooooo, I promptly and loudly came unglued at all of my seams.........!!!!!!

Asking for #2's Supervisor, I then went through a series of REAL human beings trying to resolve the issue. I explained the entire and evolving problem to each one....and was passed on to the next level. All to no avail!!!!! No one could come that evening.....and I told them that I would be gone on Friday.......so, damn it to hell......I now have to wait until Monday morning for the stick/brick connection to the world of friends, family, and news!!!

And...you ask....: how are you posting on here??? Well, we are now at Dr. Jeni's home and I am using her wifi within this very large home.....and it works perfectly!!!! We arrived here late last night.......picking up our oldest granddaughter, Rachel, and bringing her with us to........enjoy all of the grandchildren having fun on Halloween!!!!!!

Yesterday......we went to Cape to see Becky/Rachel...and then on to visit with Mike. We returned to Cape, picked up Rachel, and then drove for 2.5 hours to Dr. Jeni's home.....and so, here we are!!!

The past days here in Misery have brought forth some of the most rain that we have seen in several years!!!! MONSOON in MISERY is what I have called it........and yesterday morning for the third straight day of rains.....we didn't think we could get down off of our hill....the park system below us was completely flooded by the stream that runs through it....but, there was one street that still was not flooded.....so....here we are, in the western suburbs of STL.

And........hard to believe, but the SUN IS SHINING!!!!! WOW......my aging/evolving eyes can barely stand to look out of ALL of the huge windows of Dr. Jeni's house.....it is so bright. BUT, will I really complain????? HELL NO!!!!!

And so,......there will be some pics later tonight of all of the scary creatures that will emerge from this home about dusk........and, as always......

LIFE IS REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: