Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday, Oct 19, 2009: BEAUTIFUL!!!

OMG....what a beautiful day it was....the temps up into the high 60's....with a warming breeze/wind out of the south/southwest......and I spent as much time outside as I could.

First....I went to Farmington to take our disabled RV fireplace into the Harris Fireplace/Heating/Cooling shop there and left it for a diagnosis as to what the ailment appears to be. Hopefully, Dr. Harris can cure it with some type of minor surgery or transplants. From there.....over to the SuperCenter for a few purchases. And then...........

To the city center to Bauhaus Kaffee.....the wonderful coffee shop in Farmington. One of the best coffee shops I have ever been to......and that is quite a statement considering my love of coffee and the places like this that sell it!!! This place.....well, if you have not experienced it......you have missed a great experience. Just a beautiful place with incredible coffee/pastries/cappuccino!!!!! Go....order....sit and enjoy!!!

Then...back to F'town. Went by Kemp's Auto Body Repair but he was not there and so I will return tomorrow for the outside mirror switch on the truck. It needs to be replaced and he ordered it for me prior to our departure for Connecticut and NYC.

Then back to the stick and brick......and I began the task of winterizing TheHowserHouse on wheels. WELL......with the anode rod in the hot water heater......I spent an hour trying to break it loose so I could drain the water. It WAS STUCK!!! TIGHT!!!!!! I finally turned on the faucets inside, tried tightening, and then unscrewing it....and it finally broke loose. WHEW!!!!!! The water came gushing out....and after it was empty, I then attached to my outside hose the little "wand" and put it into the opening of the heater...now that the anode rod was out....and turned on the water....and UGH!!!! Out came all sorts of chalky gunk that was laying in the bottom of the water heater.......and this continued for about two minutes before I had clean water pouring out of the opening.

Then.....I bypassed the heater and turned on the pump to suck up the RV pink stuff used as non-toxic anti-freeze for the water system....and in a few minutes it was all done!!! THEN.......out came the lawn mower....and for the next two hours I pushed it back and forth across the lawn.....and about 4pm.....I called a halt. All that is needed is to do the north side of the lawn.....and so, I celebrated the saying that "It is 5 o'clock somewhere" and sat on the patio and enjoyed the remaining hour(s) of daylight.

Tomorrow???? Finish the lawn......and then get out the power sprayer and clean off a bit of mold/mildew on the north side of the house on the siding.....and that is where it can be found each year!!! The sun doesn't shine there!!!!

And so....a busy day....a busy week.....and, actually.....a busy two weeks to come. But....as always.......

LIFE IS JUST REALLY, REALLY GREAT!!!!!!.....And, I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!!

No comments: