Tuesday, August 01, 2006

WOW.....Very hot....And relaxing

Luckily, it was only in the upper 70's when I stepped out onto the patio with my morning coffee.....you know, don't you??? Yep....it was French Roast.....dark and rich and with a very full body!!! HAHAHA......the "full body" part aptly describes me.....that is the ONLY part of that sentence that really fits me, though.

Mid-morning I ran out to the local hardware and lumber store....and took along with me the picture with the paint color that we had used at Sherwin Williams to have the computer match the color with the paint formula. WELL.......of course, they didn't have a computer there that could do the paint matching.......why does that NOT surprise me???? The paint I had matched yesterday at Lowe's was way toooooooooooooooo orange.....in your face orange!!! Sooooo, a bit pissed, a bit depressed, and a bit frustrated I drove home and gave up on that paint problem for the day.

It was getting really hot by that time, so I spent some time searching/researching online to find the closest Home Depot........and of course, it is 50 miles away at a minimum. Foiled again......so, I played around online going from thing to another.....until......."foiled again".....the internet went down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, this led me to believe that today is/was NOT my day!!!!!

After about 30 minutes of not-so-patient waiting, I called our service-friendly (sarcasm) Charter Communications and for 15 minutes talked with a non-entity.....some damn computerized "female" voice. This "voice" attempted to talk me through a procedure to re-set my modem.......well, I'm not THAT dumb or technologically challenged.....as I had ALREADY done that procedure twice. So.....I started hitting the 0 key over and over, quickly....and I immediately had a real, LIVE person talking with me. After he checked my modem.......that sounds rather erotic, doesn't it...... he said that there was an internet outage in my area and it would be fixed as quickly as possible.

Three hours later.....I was back online!!!

The 1st Lady fixed dinner tonight........WOW, but was it ever a tasty and delicious meal!!!! Pork chops browned in olive oil and then layered on top of a cassarole full of rice and cream of mushroom soup. Then it was baked and the casserole was then accompanied by sliced carrots cooked in freshly ground nutmeg and cinnamon, and some baby peas topped with real butter. All of this was washed down by my dark red medicine and the 1st Lady had a glass of Pinot Grigio. She IS a great cook!!!

Prior to dinner, I spent 45 minutes sweltering and sweating as I went to work on the lawn, pushing the power mower around and slipping on my sweat!!! After dinner, I spent another hour working off that marvelous dinner as I trimmed our grass and weeds.

As the sun set behind the tall elms that belong to the lovely lady next door, I called it an evening, although there was still more grass to cut. Went inside, a quick shower, and then I smelled wonderful aromas drifting into the bathroom from the kitchen. AHHHH, but she had done it again.......a wonderful fresh peach deep dish cobbler!!!! And, this was topped with my favorite: Breyers Vanilla Bean ice cream. A GREAT way to enlarge my sagging body......so that it will sag a bit more tomorrow!!!

And sooooo, this day of heat and relaxing(?) sped by quickly, as is my life at this age. As quickly as it is going by, I will NEVER EVER get all the things done that I want to do!!!!!

Life is GREAT......and I hope it is for all of you, also!!! (Goldie....are you alive???)

No comments: