Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Never fear....I'm still here!!!!

Aha!!!! You thought I was no longer able to write, didn't you????? Sorry....but, I'm still among the living.....and living just fine. Yesterday.......well, by the time I got around to getting my act together last night, my mind was mush and anything that I might have written would have made you think I was not functioning properly!!! And, I'm not sure I was......

Nothing of ANY importance occurred in my Life yesterday......damn it!!! I need to have interesting things/events occurring everyday......hoping that after all of these years something NEW will come my way. My sagging hulk just seems to desire new experiences.......but, I guess that is true of most of us.....of all ages???? In fact......as I recall, yesterday I was not much more interesting than a sagging couch potato!!! Enough said......

Today?? I can't really say that there were new events, but we did spend the day narrowing down our choices on the appliances we are going to replace in our kitchen remodeling project. Then......we spent a long time agonizing over the toooooooooooo many choices in ceramic floor tiles. If you have not attmepted to purchase a new tile floor, you are in for a great and frustrating experience!!!! The tile companies have made sooooooooooooo many kinds, colors, sizes, shapes, etc., etc. of floor tiles that it is nearly impossible to select just one. And.....sooooo many of them look sooooooo much alike. DAMN!!!!!

And so, we are no farther along with the floor selection than we have been. I think I need to get the cabinet door sample that we had a couple of times.......so that we can be certain of the stain/glaze colors.

We did some discussing and verbal research with countertop "makers" and the problems we might incur with an out-of-square corner in the kitchen.....and also wanting a deeper/wider counter top that will extend across width of the wall we are going to tear down halfway. Lots of info and measurements are still needed.

Then this afternoon after being in the Farmington area all day.......I also had ALL of my 69 hairs on my head trimmed back a bit so I can wash my ears.......well, when we returned home to F'town....I had four students come in for their private piano/clarinet lessons. I plan to try to teach them each week.....until we leave for the winter.

And so........my day was more interesting to me today.....at least in comparing it with yesterday. Oh....by the way....I having been harvesting from 6-12 tomatoes EACH day for the past couple of weeks from my five tomato plants that I planted in patio pots!!!!! And the taste???? OMG.....they are wonderful!!!!!! And...with the thoughts of all of that wonderful flavor and acidity surrounding my palette......

Life IS GREAT!!!!! .........and I hope it is for all of you, also!!!!

No comments: